Given that you were the only driver involved, a single-vehicle crash can be complicated in terms of identifying who was responsible for causing the accident. A Miami single vehicle accident lawyer can help determine liability and hold the responsible parties accountable for what happened to you.
At Shaked Law Personal Injury Lawyers, we know the severe pain you’re likely experiencing due to your auto accident. You can’t concentrate on recovering from your injuries when you’re worried about finances.
Set up a free consultation with us or give us a call at (305) 937-0191 to learn how our Miami car accident attorneys can make a difference in helping you get a positive outcome in your case.
Table of Contents
How Our Miami Car Accident Lawyers Will Help You After a Single Vehicle Collision
If you were involved in a single-vehicle collision in the Miami area, Shaked Law Personal Injury Lawyers will fight hard to obtain the compensation you deserve for your car crash injuries. We handle a wide range of personal injury cases, including motorcycle accidents, pedestrian accidents, truck accidents, and more.
Our firm is well known in Florida for offering top-notch legal services, and we’re fully versed in the complexities and nuances of personal injury law. We’ll apply all that understanding and skill to your case to give you the best chance of success.
The legal team at Shaked Law Personal Injury Lawyers has a wealth of knowledge and is prepared to overcome any challenges that may arise while handling your case. When you hire our Miami personal injury attorneys, you’ll have years of specialized experience working on your behalf.
Here are some things you should know regarding what we can do for you:
- Your initial consultation is free
- You’ll be dealing with attorneys directly
- We have the means to hire leading experts to support your claim
- We’ll work tirelessly to maximize your settlement offer or verdict amount
- We’ll negotiate with insurance companies and handle all communications with other parties
Rest assured that your case is in highly competent hands. Contact our Miami single vehicle accident attorneys today to learn more.
What Is a Single Vehicle Accident?
A single-vehicle accident is a collision involving just one vehicle. The phrase is typically used when only the driver and any potential passengers are hurt. This category can include collisions on the road, collisions with objects, and collisions with animals.
What Causes Single Vehicle Accidents in Miami, FL?
While operator error, particularly distracted driving, can frequently contribute to single-vehicle collisions, the driver is not always to blame. There are outside circumstances that could have contributed to the incident.
Here are a few of the most common reasons for single vehicle accidents:
- Environmental elements, such as bad weather (e.g., heavy rain or fog)
- Roadway characteristics like tight turns or small lanes
- Defects in the car itself, including inadequate tires or handling
- Animal traffic on the highway
- The carelessness of bicyclists or pedestrians
- Inadequate road signs or traffic signals
- Road debris
Any of these elements might have played a role in your accident. You might not be to blame, and you may be able to seek compensation from negligent parties. If any of these circumstances apply to you, our law firm will thoroughly investigate your auto accident case.
What Compensation Can I Expect Following My Miami Single Vehicle Accident?
It’s difficult to predict the amount of compensation you will receive because every case and accident is unique. The extent of your injuries and the level of other parties’ fault will impact how much compensation you can expect. Additionally, when calculating damages, your level of blame will be taken into consideration.
Compensation in most personal injury lawsuits is split into two different categories: economic and non-economic damages.
Economic damages are those losses related directly to the financial costs of your injury, including:
- Income lost as a result of being unable to work
- Medical expenses
- Continued medical care
- Damage to property
Non-economic damages make up for losses that are more challenging to quantify in monetary terms, including:
- Emotional distress
- Pain & suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Physical disability
- Reduced quality of life
In Florida, sharing liability for an accident can bar you from seeking compensation for damages if your portion of fault exceeds 50%. Sharing 50% or less of the blame will reduce your compensation by the percentage of your responsibility under modified comparative negligence rules.
What is the Statute of Limitations For Miami Single Vehicle Accident Lawsuits?
You must not delay starting the legal process if you were involved in a single-vehicle accident in Miami, Florida.
The Florida statute of limitations was historically four years for personal injury and negligence cases. However, the law was changed on March 24, 2023. Accordingly, if your Miami single-vehicle accident occurred after that date, you need to file a lawsuit within two years.
Contact our Miami personal injury attorneys today. Developing a compelling case and preparing for trial takes time. The sooner you begin, the more likely you’ll get paid what your case is worth and have the peace of mind you need.
Contact Our Auto Accident Lawyers in Miami, FL For a Free Consultation After Your Single Vehicle Accident
Our Miami single vehicle accident attorneys at Shaked Law Personal Injury Lawyers are prepared to fight on your behalf. We won’t stop until we’ve done everything within our power to achieve the best result for you. We’re unrelenting in our pursuit of this goal.
Call us right away to schedule your free consultation.
Other Common Miami Car Accident Claims We Handle
- Airbag injuries
- Chest injuries
- Drunk driving
- Head-on crashes
- Highway crashes
- Hit-and-run accidents
- I-95 accidents
- Intersection crashes
- Lane change accidents
- Left-turn crashes
- Multi-vehicle car crashes
- Parking lot accidents
- Rear-end accidents
- Red and yellow light accidents
- Rollover accidents
- Seatbelt Injuries
- Self-driving accidents
- Speeding accidents
- SUV rollover accidents
- U-turn accidents
- Uninsured motorists claims
Additional Car Accident Resources
- Car Color & Crash Risk
- Car Inspection Laws in Florida
- Five Things to Know About Car Accident Settlement Agreements
- Florida Child Car Seat Laws
- How To Obtain an Accident Report in Miami, FL
- Miami Car Accident Statistics
- Miami, FL Car Accident FAQs
- Most Dangerous Roads Intersections in Miami, FL
- Passenger Negligence
- What To Do After a Car Accident in Miami, Florida
- When To Hire a Lawyer After a Car Accident
Car Accident FAQs
- Can I Be Compensated for Pre-Existing Conditions After a Car Accident in Miami?
- Do I Need a Lawyer After a Hit and Run Accident in Miami?
- How Does Car Insurance Work in Florida?
- How Long Will My Car Accident Case Take to Settle in Miami, FL?
- Is It a Mistake to Admit Fault After a Car Accident in Miami, FL?
- Left-Turn Collision: Who Is At Fault?
- What if the Other Driver Doesn’t Have Insurance?
- What Should I Do If My Child Was Hurt in a Miami Car Accident?