Have you recently suffered from a seatbelt injury after a car crash in Miami, Florida? If so, you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries and suffering. Wearing a seatbelt can often prevent harm in the event of an accident, but unfortunately, seatbelts can sometimes be the cause of injury as well.
At Shaked Law Personal Injury Lawyers, we have over 100 years of combined experience handling car accident cases, and we’re here to help you pursue damages for your injuries. We know the bills are piling up, and you’re overwhelmed by physical and emotional damages. The last thing you need to be worrying about is how to get the financial resources you need to get on the path to recovery. Leave that to the experienced car accident lawyers at Shaked Law Personal Injury Lawyers.
Table of Contents
How Shaked Law Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help If You Have Suffered a Seatbelt Injury in Florida
Seatbelt injuries can get complicated because it’s difficult to determine exactly what went wrong with the seatbelt to cause harm. You need a Miami car wreck lawyer with an extensive and accomplished background to help you make your case. Part of making your case means proving two things in particular:
- The seatbelt failed to work as intended in the car crash.
- You suffered injury as a result of the seatbelt failure.
Our personal injury attorneys in Miami, Florida have a reputation for successfully handling car accident cases. We don’t rest until we’ve done everything we possibly can to secure a financial award for you. You’re going through an incredibly difficult time right now, and knowing that your injury could have been prevented if the seatbelt had functioned properly is understandably frustrating.
- Collect and review evidence, such as hospital records, crash reports, and security footage
- Identify any eyewitnesses and obtain their statements
- Investigate how the seatbelt malfunctioned so we can determine who should be held accountable
- Handle all dealings with the insurance company
- Consult expert witnesses to testify on your behalf
- Take your case to court if the insurance company doesn’t play fair
Our goal is to take the legal burden off your shoulders so you can concentrate on your health and family.
What Are the Causes of Seatbelt Injuries?
Auto parts like seatbelts and airbags were designed to keep car occupants safe, and they’ve been doing just that. In 2017, seatbelts saved an estimated 14,955 lives. Unfortunately, things can go wrong, and even a minor defect can result in passenger ejection or harsh restraint leading to severe injury or even death.
Common causes of injury include:
- The manufacturer’s failure to thoroughly test seatbelt reliability at high-speeds
- False latching, which occurs when the seatbelt is not properly secured
- Anchor failure occurring due to improper installation, resulting in a failure of the anchor points
- Retractor failure that leaves too much slack in the seatbelt, leaving passengers unrestrained
If you think these or other seatbelt-related issues caused your injury during the crash, it’s important to have a knowledgeable attorney look into the situation. The stakes are too high and the subject matter too technical for you to handle this on your own. Turn to the legal professionals at Shaked Law Personal Injury Lawyers. We know our way around car accidents and product liability and can help you figure out exactly what went wrong.
What Injuries Are Caused by Seatbelt Failure?
Without seatbelt restraints, your body is vulnerable to a wide range of injuries.
Examples of common injuries include:
- Broken bones
- Chest injuries
- Organ damage
- Spinal cord injury
- Traumatic brain injury
- Internal bleeding
These injuries can be catastrophic and can change your life in an instant.
What Compensation Can I Expect If I Suffer a Seatbelt-Related Injury in Miami, Florida?
While every case is different, compensation for a seatbelt injury is typically divided into two categories of damages: economic and non-economic.
Examples of both kinds of damages include:
- Medical expenses
- Pain and suffering
- Lost income
- Disability or disfigurement
- Mental anguish
- Physical or mental therapy
- Loss of consortium
- Medical devices
Our Miami personal injury attorneys at Shaked Law Personal Injury Lawyers know how to make a strong case for the injuries you’ve suffered, so you get all the compensation you deserve. We leave no stone unturned in considering all sources of financial recovery.
Contact a Car Accident Law Firm in Miami Today
Our legal team at Shaked Law Personal Injury Lawyers is ready to fight the insurance companies on your behalf. Don’t wait.
In Florida, you generally only have two years from the date of the accident to file your claim (as of March 24, 2023 — prior to that date, you typically had four years to pursue a legal claim). Keep in mind that it takes time to gather evidence and build a strong case. The sooner you contact us, the sooner we can get started.
Give us a call to schedule your free consultation. We operate on a contingency fee basis, which means you pay nothing unless we secure a financial award for you. Reach out to Shaked Law Personal Injury Lawyers today.
Other Car Accident Cases We Handle
- Distracted driving
- Defective tire accidents
- Drunk driving
- Head-on crashes
- Highway crashes
- Hit-and-run accidents
- I-95 accidents
- Intersection crashes
- Lane change accidents
- Left-turn crashes
- Multi-vehicle car crashes
- Parking lot accidents
- Rear-end accidents
- Red and yellow light accidents
- Rollover accidents
- Self-driving accidents
- Single vehicle accidents
- SUV rollover accidents
- U-turn accidents
- Uninsured motorists claims
Additional Car Accident Resources
- Car Color & Crash Risk
- Car Inspection Laws in Florida
- Five Things to Know About Car Accident Settlement Agreements
- Florida Child Car Seat Laws
- Miami Car Accident Liability
- Miami Car Accident Statistics
- Miami, FL Car Accident FAQs
- Most Dangerous Roads Intersections in Miami, FL
- Passenger Negligence
- Road Defects in Miami, FL
- What to Do When Injured in a Car Accident in Miami, FL
- When To Hire a Lawyer After a Car Accident
Car Accident FAQs
- Can I Be Compensated for Pre-Existing Conditions After a Car Accident in Miami?
- Can I Recover Compensation After a Miami Car Accident Without a Lawyer?
- Do I Need a Lawyer After a Hit and Run Accident in Miami?
- How Does Car Insurance Work in Florida?
- How Long Will My Car Accident Case Take to Settle in Miami, FL?
- Is It a Mistake to Admit Fault After a Car Accident in Miami, FL?
- Left-Turn Collision: Who Is At Fault?
- What if the Other Driver Doesn’t Have Insurance?
- What Should I Do If My Child Was Hurt in a Miami Car Accident?