Chest injuries after a Miami car accident can result in serious health conditions and permanent impairments. Accident victims should not have to battle insurance companies to recover fair compensation for their injuries. However, many insurance companies fight valid personal injury claims to avoid paying accident victims the money they deserve.
The Miami chest injury attorneys of Shaked Law Personal Injury Lawyers have been fighting for the rights of injured people since 2007. Our Miami car accident attorneys have recovered millions of dollars on behalf of our clients. We want to help you get the money you deserve for chest injuries after a car accident.
How Our Miami Car Accident Lawyers Help You With an Injury Claim
It is distressing and frustrating that insurance companies refuse to act in good faith to settle injury claims. Instead, they are more concerned with their profits than a person’s health.
Our Miami car accident attorneys have recovered millions for our clients. We do not stop pursuing your accident claim until we exhaust all actions to recover compensation for your injuries and damages.
When you hire Shaked Law Personal Injury Lawyers, you can expect us to:
- Gather evidence during an auto accident investigation to determine who is at fault for the cause of your accident
- Work with medical experts to determine the extent of your injuries and damages
- File insurance claims, calculate deadlines for filing lawsuits, and monitor the case’s progress
- Negotiate for full settlement of your injury claim
- Provide guidance and support as you continue to heal from your injuries and pursue legal action against the party who caused the accident
If you or a family member were injured in a car accident claim, contact our law firm to schedule a free case review. Our Miami car accident lawyer is happy to meet you on your schedule to discuss your case.
Symptoms of Chest Injuries After a Car Accident
Chest injuries are common car accident injuries. Chest pain after an accident could be an indication of a serious injury.
It is not wise to ignore chest pain after an auto accident. Seek medical attention immediately. Prompt medical care could prevent an injury from worsening and becoming life-threatening.
Symptoms of chest injuries after a car crash include:
- Pain throughout the chest, shoulders, and back
- Shortness of breath
- Coughing up blood
- Abdominal pain
- Bruising and discoloration
- Increased pain when coughing, breathing, twisting, or laughing
- Feeling faint
- Vomiting or nausea
- Sensitive or painful to the touch
A medical provider should evaluate chest pain after a motor vehicle accident. The doctor may perform several diagnostic tests to identify the cause of the pain. Without treatment, a chest injury could become deadly.
Is the Pain a Chest Injury or Anxiety?
Being involved in a car accident can cause anxiety attacks or panic attacks, which can mimic a heart attack. While chest pain may be a sign of anxiety, it could also indicate a severe injury.
Common injuries with chest pain as a symptom include:
- Sternal fracture (broken sternum)
- Fractured, bruised, and broken ribs
- Cardiac contusion or heart attack
- Ruptured or torn arteries and veins
- Puncture wounds to internal organs or blood vessels
- Injuries to internal organs, including heart, liver, kidneys, spleen lungs, and stomach
The treatment plan your doctor prescribes depends on the exact injuries. You could require surgery and hospitalization. On the other hand, the doctor might send you home and tell you to rest. However, you cannot know whether the chest injury is serious until you see a doctor.
What Types of Damages Can I Receive for a Chest Injury After a Car Accident in Miami?
The types of damages you receive for a car accident claim depend on the facts of the case. However, personal injury claims include damages such as:
- Mental, physical, and emotional pain and suffering
- Medical bills and expenses
- Long-term medical care and personal care
- Loss of income and benefits
- Reductions in future earning capacity and lost wages
- Permanent impairments and disabilities
- Loss of enjoyment of life
A chest injury could result in chronic pain and substantial monetary losses. Therefore, proving liability for the crash is essential if you want to recover fair compensation for damages.
Our legal team at Shaked Law Personal Injury Lawyers understands evidence, negligence, causation, and liability. We handle all aspects of your personal injury case so that you do not need to worry about anything other than your health and your family.
You can help increase your chance of success by documenting your damages now. Take photographs of your injuries, keep detailed notes about your recovery, and follow your doctor’s treatment plan. We will do the rest.
Other Common Miami Car Accident Cases We Handle
At Shaked Law Firm Personal Injury Lawyers, we handle all types of car accident claims involving:
- Distracted driving,
- Drunk driving,
- Head-on crashes,
- Highway crashes,
- Intersection crashes,
- Lane change accidents,
- Left-turn crashes,
- Passenger negligence
- Rear-end accidents,
- U-turn accidents,
- And more.
Schedule a Free Consultation With Our Miami, FL Car Crash Lawyer
Chest pain after a car crash can indicate a more severe health condition. It is wise to see a physician if you experience any pain, tightness, difficulty breathing, or other symptoms of a chest injury. You could have broken ribs, internal bleeding, or a life-threatening condition.
Call now for your free case review. Meet with an experienced car accident attorney in Miami, FL. We are here to help you hold the negligent party who caused your car crash liable for your damages.