Were you injured in a self-driving car accident in Miami, FL? Automated technology is on the rise, and self-driving cars may be developing faster than the regulations needed to make sure they are safe. Technology that reduces human control can add a significant level of complexity to car accidents involving self-driving cars.
That’s why you’ll want Shaked Law Personal Injury Lawyers on your side after a crash. You’ll get a legal team with more than a century of experience. We’ve recovered hundreds of millions of dollars in compensation for clients over the years because we’re committed, fierce, and know the law.
Initial consultations are free and confidential. There’s no obligation and no risk to you, so contact us online or call our Miami, Florida, law office today at (305) 937-0191 to learn how we can help.
Table of Contents
How Shaked Law Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help After a Self-Driving Car Accident in Miami
Any car wreck can leave you rattled, overwhelmed, and even angry. We step in and ease your worries and let you focus on what matters—rest and recovery. Our team consists of Board Certified Trial Lawyers, Expertise’s Best Car Accident Lawyers, and members of the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum. We’ve proven our dedication to our clients and our ability to win time and again since 2007. You deserve the best, so let our Miami car accident lawyers take the lead.
Here are a few key things we handle for you:
- Lead an investigation into the cause of your crash
- Determine the role automated technology played in the crash
- Identify all potentially liable parties
- Review accident reports and medical records to build your case
- Hire experts if necessary to analyze technical evidence
You don’t need to be fighting with insurance companies who will try to reduce the value of your claim. Let us handle all the negotiations and settlement talks. And if they refuse to put forth a fair offer, we’re always ready to proceed to trial.
What Are Self-Driving Cars?
Technically, features like cruise control and parking assistance are automated technology. But we don’t generally refer to cars with these basic features as self-driving. The term “self-driving” car is typically used to describe almost any vehicle with more than the most basic level of driver-assisted technology. They can regulate the speed or steering without the driver’s control. But that’s still certainly not a self-driving car in the sense that it doesn’t need a human behind the wheel.
Automated technology in automobiles ranges from Level 0 to Level 5. Level 0 may have alerts or warnings (like a blind-spot monitor), but there is no time where the driver can disengage from any tasks required for driving.
At the other end of the scale, Level 5 automobiles can operate without a human driver at all. In between, various features assist the driver generally by monitoring conditions, alerting the driver to conditions that need the driver’s attention, or automatically adjusting the car’s speed.
Although no true driverless cars (Level 5) are currently available for purchase by consumers, fully autonomous cars are being tested in several areas, including Miami, Austin, D.C., and San Diego, among others. We may see driverless delivery or Lyft vehicles on the road before you know it.
What Compensation Can I Get in a Self-Driving Car Accident in Miami, FL?
Like any other car or truck accident, you should be able to recover compensatory damages that help pay for:
- Doctor bills, including surgery and hospital stays
- Lost wages and reduced earning capacity
- Property damage
- Out-of-pocket expenses
- Emotional trauma
- Loss of enjoyment of life activities
- Among other types of damages
Who’s Liable for a Self-Driving Car Accident in Florida?
This could prove to be a complicated question. In many self-driving car crashes, the driver is likely at fault just like other vehicle accidents. But don’t forget that Florida is a no-fault state when it comes to car accidents, so your Personal Injury Protection insurance (PIP) will likely be your first source of compensation.
If you sustain serious injuries, you may be able to file a personal injury lawsuit to recover compensation from:
- The at-fault driver
- The car manufacturer
- The company that designed the automated technology
- A bicyclist or pedestrian
- A government entity
Just because a self-driving car was involved doesn’t mean the automated features are to blame. It will likely take an extensive investigation to determine the cause of the accident before we know what party (or parties) need to be held accountable.
We have years of experience leading independent investigations and access to experts who are the very best in their fields.
Schedule a Free Consultation to Discuss your Self-Driving Car Accident With the Miami, Florida Car Wreck Lawyers at Shaked Law Personal Injury Lawyers
Were you hurt in an accident involving a self-driving car in Miami, FL? Hiring the right attorney to handle your case can make all the difference in the amount of compensation you receive, how you are treated throughout your case, and how efficiently your case proceeds.
Our results speak for themselves—many of our clients can attest that having Shaked Law Personal Injury Lawyers represent them was the best decision they ever made. Initial consultations are free, so call today to discuss your auto accident case.
Other Common Miami Car Accident Claims We Handle
- Airbag injuries
- Chest injuries
- Defective tire accidents
- Drunk driving
- Head-on crashes
- Highway crashes
- Hit-and-run accidents
- I-95 accidents
- Intersection crashes
- Lane change accidents
- Left-turn crashes
- Multi-vehicle car crashes
- Rear-end accidents
- Red and yellow light accidents
- Rollover accidents
- Seatbelt Injuries
- Single vehicle accidents
- SUV rollover accidents
- U-turn accidents
- Uninsured motorists claims
Additional Car Accident Resources
- Car Color & Crash Risk
- Car Inspection Laws in Florida
- Common Injuries From Miami Car Accidents
- Florida Child Car Seat Laws
- Miami Car Accident Claims Process
- Miami Car Accident Statistics
- Miami, FL Car Accident FAQs
- Most Dangerous Roads Intersections in Miami, FL
- Passenger Negligence
- Road Defects in Miami, FL
- When To Hire a Lawyer After a Car Accident
Car Accident FAQs
- Can I Be Compensated for Pre-Existing Conditions After a Car Accident in Miami?
- Can I Recover Compensation After a Miami Car Accident Without a Lawyer?
- Do I Need a Lawyer After a Hit and Run Accident in Miami?
- How Does Car Insurance Work in Florida?
- How Long Will My Car Accident Case Take to Settle in Miami, FL?
- Is It a Mistake to Admit Fault After a Car Accident in Miami, FL?
- Left-Turn Collision: Who Is At Fault?
- What if the Other Driver Doesn’t Have Insurance?
- What Should I Do If My Child Was Hurt in a Miami Car Accident?
- Who Will Pay My Medical Bills After a Car Accident in Miami, FL?