Car accidents in Miami, FL can cause catastrophic and debilitating injuries. Therefore, it is crucial that accident victims take steps to protect their right to compensation for damages. The best way to protect yourself is to hire an aggressive legal team to pursue an injury claim.
The Miami highway crashes lawyers of Shaked Law Personal Injury Lawyers have recovered millions of dollars since 2007. We fight for the rights of injured persons throughout Florida. With more than 100 years of combined legal experience, you can trust that our personal injury attorneys have the experience you want on your side as you fight insurance companies for the compensation you deserve.
Table of Contents
How Our Miami Car Accident Lawyers Can Help After a Highway Crash
Highway crashes in Miami-Dade County often cause multi-vehicle accidents. This type of car crash increases the risk of severe injuries. You have the burden of proving fault for the crash before you can recover money for an injury claim.
When you hire our Miami car accident lawyers to handle your case, you can expect us to:
- Invest the time and resources necessary to investigate the auto accident thoroughly
- Identify each party who is responsible for causing your injuries
- File insurance claims and handle all matters with the insurance company
- Document your damages and the severity of your injuries to increase the value of your accident claim
- Retain expert witnesses to work on your case, as necessary
- Negotiate for the maximum value of your damages
- Monitor the deadlines under the Florida statute of limitations for filing lawsuits
Car accidents in Miami, Florida cause wrongful deaths and traumatic injuries. We are here to help you if you were injured in a car wreck.
Contact our law office online or by phone to schedule your free consultation.
Why Do Highway Crashes Happen in Miami, FL?
Miami has some of the most congested and dangerous roads in the state. The Florida Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles reports 54,759 traffic crashes in Miami-Dade County in 2021, including 320 fatalities and 25,180 injuries. All three totals increased slightly from 2020 figures.
Causes of highway crashes can often be traced back to driver negligence. Speed is a common factor in highway accidents. As the speed of vehicles increases, the risks of a traffic accident and severe injuries also increase.
Driving behaviors and factors that can lead to a highway accident include:
- Improper lane changes
- Tailgating (following too closely)
- Aggressive driving and road rage
- Driving under the influence
- Distracted driving
- Fatigued driving
Other common types of car crashes in Miami:
- Airbag injuries
- Chest injuries
- Head-on crashes
- Hit-and-run accidents
- I-95 accidents
- Intersection crashes
- Left-turn crashes
- Parking lot accidents
- Red and yellow light accidents
- Rollover accidents
- Seatbelt Injuries
- Self-driving accidents
- Single vehicle accidents
- SUV rollover accidents
- U-turn accidents
- Uninsured motorists claims
Suing the At-Fault Driver for Damages in Florida
The at-fault party can be held liable for damages if you sustain serious injuries. However, Florida’s no-fault insurance laws do not permit you to sue the other driver unless your injuries meet the serious injury threshold.
Many highway crashes result in catastrophic injuries that meet the definition of a serious injury. Do not trust the insurance company to tell the truth about your injury claim. Instead, talk with our Miami car accident attorney to determine whether the facts of your case support a legal cause of action against the other driver.
What Damages Can I Recover for a Miami Highway Accident Claim?
The types of damages you could receive for a highway crash claim include:
- Physical pain and suffering
- The cost of medical care and treatment of injuries
- Property damage
- Loss of income and benefits
- Cost of nursing care, long-term care, and personal care
- Future lost wages
- Reduced quality of life and loss of enjoyment of life
- Mental and emotional distress and anguish
- Disabilities, impairments, and disfigurements
If a family member dies in a Miami highway crash, the surviving family members could receive compensation for losses and damages by filing a wrongful death claim.
In either case, it is vital that you seek legal counsel now. The Florida statute of limitations sets deadlines for filing wrongful death lawsuits and personal injury lawsuits for Miami highway crashes. Missing the filing deadline means you give up your right to pursue an injury claim in court.
Schedule a Free Consultation With Our Auto Accident Lawyer in Miami
Don’t wait to get the legal advice you need to get the compensation you deserve after a highway accident in Miami. It does not cost you anything to talk with a Miami highway crashes lawyer. Call Shaked Law Personal Injury Lawyers now for your free case review. We are here to help you through this challenging experience.
Additional Car Accident Resources
- Car Color & Crash Risk
- Car Inspection Laws in Florida
- Five Things to Know About Car Accident Settlement Agreements
- Florida Child Car Seat Laws
- How To Obtain an Accident Report in Miami, FL
- Miami Car Accident Claims Process
- Miami Car Accident Statistics
- Miami, FL Car Accident FAQs
- Passenger Negligence
Car Accident FAQs
- Can I Be Compensated for Pre-Existing Conditions After a Car Accident in Miami?
- Do I Need a Lawyer After a Hit and Run Accident in Miami?
- How Does Car Insurance Work in Florida?
- How Long Will My Car Accident Case Take to Settle in Miami, FL?
- Is It a Mistake to Admit Fault After a Car Accident in Miami, FL?
- Left-Turn Collision: Who Is At Fault?
- What if the Other Driver Doesn’t Have Insurance?
- What Should I Do If My Child Was Hurt in a Miami Car Accident?