Airbags are designed to protect us from injuries and death in the event of a car accident. Unfortunately, some individuals sustain injuries because of airbags.
If an airbag injured you, our Miami airbag injury lawyers can help. Our legal team at Shaked Law Firm has helped car accident and product defect victims since 2007. We have over a century of combined legal experience in personal injury law and have recovered tens of millions for injury victims in South Florida.
Let’s discuss your case and how we can help you recover compensation for airbag injuries. Contact our law office by calling us at (305) 937-0191 to schedule a free consultation with one of our Miami airbag injury lawyers.
How Our Miami Car Accident Lawyers Can Help After An Airbag Injury
Personal injury cases involving defective or malfunctioning airbags are complex accident claims. You will usually make your claim against the car or airbag manufacturer. Moreover, you have the burden of proving that the airbag had a defect and caused your injury.
Manufacturers have endless resources to fight these claims. You can even the playing field by hiring an experienced legal team. Shaked Law Firm is the firm for you. Our law group consists of Board Certified Civil Trial Lawyers and Top 100 Trial Attorneys.
When you hire us to handle your case, you can expect us to:
- Investigate your case to determine all factors that contributed to the cause of your injury
- Consult with industry experts who can provide information, evidence, and expert testimony regarding defective airbags
- Work with your physicians to document the extent of your injuries and damages
- Calculate the maximum value for your damages and fight to get you that amount
- File all insurance claims and monitor deadlines for filing lawsuits
- Handle all settlement negotiations
If you were injured in a car accident, contact our office to speak with an experienced Miami car accident attorney. Your initial consultation is free.
Are Airbag Injuries Common?
The NHTSA estimates that frontal airbags have saved over 50,000 lives through 2017. It appears that airbags reduce the risk of death from car crashes when the airbags function correctly and are appropriately used.
The Takata airbag recall is the largest recall in history. It began in 2015 and included more than 70 million vehicles. At least 15 deaths and 250 injuries are associated with defective airbags.
Unfortunately, as the Takata airbag recall demonstrates, airbags can injure and kill people.
How Do Airbags Cause Injuries?
Airbags save lives by providing cushioning during a car accident. They are designed to work with a seat belt to prevent injuries in frontal crashes.
Airbags prevent the driver from hitting the steering wheel or dashboard after a crash. A side airbag places a barrier between the occupant and another vehicle in a side-impact crash.
However, airbags inflate at a rate of 1/20th of a second. Side airbags can deploy even faster. When a person comes into contact with the airbag before it inflates, the person could be injured by the gases used to inflate the airbag.
A person could also sustain injury because of the airbag deployed incorrectly or too late. Some defective airbags have exploded, causing metal pieces, chemicals, and dust to shoot out. The result is additional injuries caused by the airbag and not the car crash.
What Are Some Common Airbag Injuries?
Airbag-related injuries include, but are not limited to:
- Eye injury and irritation
- Hearing loss and ear damage
- Broken bones and fractures
- Abrasions and lacerations
- Skin irritation
- Disfigurement and scarring
- Chest injuries
- Death or injuries to unborn babies when expectant mothers are in a front seated position
- Internal organ damage and bleeding
- Traumatic brain damages
- Fractured ribs
- Cervical spine injuries
- Whiplash and neck injuries
- Severe burns
Immediate medical attention can prevent further damage and complication from airbag injuries.
Filing a Claim for Damages Caused by Airbag Injuries in Florida
An airbag manufacturer, designer, car manufacturer, repair shop, and other parties could be liable for your airbag injuries. The party responsible for the defective airbag is ultimately on the hook for your damages.
Damages that you could receive for an airbag injury include:
- Compensation for disabilities and impairments
- Reimbursement for medical bills, lost wages, costs of personal care, and other expenses and financial losses
- Reductions in future earning potential
- Compensation for pain and suffering, including physical discomfort, mental anguish, and emotional distress
- Reduced quality of life and loss of enjoyment of life
- Compensation for disfigurement and scarring
The value of your personal injury claim depends on the severity of your injuries, your financial damages, and other factors. The strength of your evidence is also a factor in determining the value of a personal injury claim.
Schedule a Free Consultation With Our Miami Airbag Injuries Lawyers
You need skilled legal representation after an airbag injury. You’ll be going after deep-pocketed manufacturers and insurers. We can help you gather evidence to build a strong case against these parties and hold them liable for all your damages.
Call Shaked Law Firm today to request your free consultation with one of our Miami airbag injury attorneys.