Airbags are designed to protect us from injuries and death in the event of a car accident. Unfortunately, some individuals sustain injuries because of airbags.
If an airbag injured you, our Miami airbag injury lawyers can help. Our legal team at Shaked Law Personal Injury Lawyers has helped car accident and product defect victims since 2007. We have over a century of combined legal experience in personal injury law and have recovered tens of millions for injury victims in Florida.
Let’s discuss your case and how we can help you recover compensation for airbag injuries. Contact our law office by calling us at (305) 937-0191 to schedule a free consultation with one of our Miami airbag injury lawyers.
Table of Contents
How Our Miami Car Accident Lawyers Can Help After An Airbag Injury
Personal injury cases involving defective or malfunctioning airbags are complex accident claims. You will usually make your claim against the car or airbag manufacturer. Moreover, you have the burden of proving that the airbag had a defect and caused your injury.
Manufacturers have endless resources to fight these claims. You can even the playing field by hiring an experienced legal team. Shaked Law Personal Injury Lawyers is the firm for you. Our law group in Miami-Dade County consists of Board Certified Civil Trial Lawyers and Top 100 Trial Attorneys.
- Investigate your case to determine all factors that contributed to the cause of your injury
- Consult with industry experts who can provide information, evidence, and expert testimony regarding defective airbags
- Work with your physicians to document the extent of your injuries and damages
- Calculate the maximum value for your damages and fight to get you that amount
- File all insurance claims and monitor deadlines for filing lawsuits
- Handle all settlement negotiations
Are Airbag Injuries Common?
According to the latest car accident statistics, the NHTSA estimates that frontal airbags have saved over 50,000 lives through 2017. It appears that airbags reduce the risk of death from car crashes when the airbags function correctly and are appropriately used.
The Takata airbag recall is the largest recall in history. It began in 2015 and included more than 70 million vehicles. At least 15 deaths and 250 injuries are associated with defective airbags.
Unfortunately, as the Takata airbag recall demonstrates, airbags can injure and kill people.
How Do Airbags Cause Injuries?
Airbags save lives by providing cushioning during a car accident. They are designed to work with a seat belt to prevent injuries in frontal crashes.
Airbags prevent the driver from hitting the steering wheel or dashboard after a crash. A side airbag places a barrier between the occupant and another vehicle in a side-impact crash.
However, airbags inflate at a rate of 1/20th of a second. Side airbags can deploy even faster. When a person comes into contact with the airbag before it inflates, the person could be injured by the gases used to inflate the airbag.
A person could also sustain injury because of the airbag deployed incorrectly or too late. Some defective airbags have exploded, causing metal pieces, chemicals, and dust to shoot out. The result is additional injuries caused by the airbag and not the car crash.
What Are Some Common Airbag Injuries?
Airbag-related injuries include, but are not limited to:
- Eye injury and irritation
- Hearing loss and ear damage
- Broken bones and fractures
- Abrasions and lacerations
- Skin irritation
- Disfigurement and scarring
- Chest injuries
- Death or injuries to unborn babies when expectant mothers are in a front seated position
- Internal organ damage and bleeding
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Fractured ribs
- Cervical spine injuries
- Whiplash and neck injuries
- Severe burns
Immediate medical attention can prevent further damage and complication from airbag injuries.
Filing a Claim for Damages Caused by Airbag Injuries in Florida
An airbag manufacturer, designer, car manufacturer, repair shop, and other parties could be liable for your airbag injuries. The party responsible for the defective airbag is ultimately on the hook for your damages.
Damages that you could receive for an airbag injury include:
- Compensation for disabilities and impairments
- Reimbursement for medical bills, lost wages, costs of personal care, and other expenses and financial losses
- Reductions in future earning potential
- Compensation for pain and suffering, including physical discomfort, mental anguish, and emotional distress
- Reduced quality of life and loss of enjoyment of life
- Compensation for disfigurement and scarring
The value of your claim depends on the severity of your injuries, your financial damages, and other factors. The strength of your evidence is also a factor in determining the value of a personal injury claim or lawsuit.
Schedule a Free Consultation With Our Miami Car Accident Law Firm
You need skilled legal representation after an airbag injury from a car accident. You’ll be going after deep-pocketed manufacturers and insurers. We can help you gather evidence to build a strong case against these parties and hold them liable for all your damages.
Call Shaked Law Personal Injury Lawyers today to request your free consultation with one of our Miami airbag injury attorneys.
Other Common Miami Car Accident Claims We Handle
Our law firm handles all types of car accident claims involving:
- Chest injuries
- Distracted driving
- Defective tire accidents
- Drunk driving
- Head-on crashes
- Highway crashes
- I-95 accidents
- Intersection crashes
- Lane change accidents
- Left-turn crashes
- Multi-vehicle car crashes
- Parking lot accidents
- Rear-end accidents
- Red and yellow light accidents
- Rollover accidents
- Self-driving accidents
- Single vehicle accidents
- SUV rollover accidents
- U-turn accidents
- Uninsured motorists claims
Additional Car Accident Resources
- Car Color & Crash Risk
- Car Inspection Laws in Florida
- Florida Child Car Seat Laws
- How To Obtain an Accident Report in Miami, FL
- Miami, FL Car Accident FAQs
- Most Dangerous Roads Intersections in Miami, FL
- Passenger Negligence
- Road Defects in Miami, FL
Car Accident FAQs
- Can I Be Compensated for Pre-Existing Conditions After a Car Accident in Miami?
- Can I Recover Compensation After a Miami Car Accident Without a Lawyer?
- Do I Have To Go To Court After a Car Accident in Miami, FL?
- Do I Need a Lawyer After a Hit and Run Accident in Miami?
- How Long Will My Car Accident Case Take to Settle in Miami, FL?
- Is It a Mistake to Admit Fault After a Car Accident in Miami, FL?
- Left-Turn Collision: Who Is At Fault?
- What if the Other Driver Doesn’t Have Insurance?
- What Should I Do If My Child Was Hurt in a Miami Car Accident?