Cory is a trial lawyer with experience litigating catastrophic injury, medical malpractice, and product liability cases on behalf of both plaintiffs and defendants. As a personal injury lawyer in Miami, he has litigated plaintiff’s cases that have led to record-breaking results across the country, including multiple $40+ million verdicts and a $1.5 billion settlement. Cory’s extensive experience litigating complex actions on behalf of both sides offers a unique perspective and value to the firm.
Cory has also written numerous legal articles spanning a diverse range of topics from medical malpractice to product liability, many of which have been published on Law360 and Defense Litigation Insider.
Cory graduated fourth in his law school class at Nova Southeastern University, Shepard Broad Law Center. In addition to graduating at the top of his law school class, he made the Dean’s List every semester, received both the Einstein Scholarship and Law Center Merit Scholarship, earned numerous highest-grade awards, and served as a junior associate for the Nova Law Review and the ILSA Journal of International and Comparative Law. Cory earned his undergraduate degree in economics from the University of Florida in 2011.
- Super Lawyers Magazine Rising Star, 2019-2020
- Florida Trend Legal Elite Attorney, 2017
- DCBA Legal Luminaries Award for Products Liability, Finalist, 2016
- DCBA Advocate of Pro Bono Commitment Award, 2016
- Nova Southeastern University, Shepard Broad Law Center Pro Bono Honor Award
- The Potentially Far-Reaching Impact Of Sports Betting Case, Law360, (May 30, 2018).
- The Potentially Far-Reaching Implications of Murphy v. NCAA Outside of Sports Betting, Defense Litigation Insider, (May 30, 2018).
- Florida Case Points to Speculative Nature of Asbestos Claims, Law360, (January 25, 2018).
- Florida Court of Appeal’s Recent Reversal of $21M Asbestos Verdict Highlights the Inherently Speculative Nature of Asbestos Claims, Defense Litigation Insider, (January 8, 2018).
- Florida Amendment 7 Objections Are On Life Support, Law360, (November 1, 2017).
- Florida Supreme Court’s Recent Decision Places Objections to Amendment 7 Discovery on Life Support, Defense Litigation Insider, (November 1, 2017).
- How The 3rd Circuit Stripped Down The ‘Bare Metal’ Defense, Law360, (October 23, 2017).
- The Third Circuit Strips Some of the Protections of the “Bare-Metal Defense”, Defense Litigation Insider, (October 12, 2017).
- Fourth Circuit Joins Unanimous Federal Circuits – No Requirement That Government Prohibit Contractor From Warning About Asbestos For Government Contractor Defense To Apply, Defense Litigation Insider, (July 17, 2017).
- Florida Medical Malpractice Non-economic Damage Caps: Before and After Kalitan, Defense Litigation Insider, (June 15, 2017).
- Pharmacists Are Not Robots: They May Be More Liable Than Prescribers!, The Verdict Magazine, Winter 2016
- Generic Pharmaceuticals: Is There a Claim?, The Verdict Magazine, Fall 2014
- District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court – Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court – Middle District of Florida
- Nova Southeastern University -Shepard Broad Law Center, J.D. summa cum laude, 2014
- University of Florida, B.S. Business Administration, Economics, 2011