The Miami car accident attorneys at Shaked Law Personal Injury Lawyers represent families who have been injured in motor vehicle accidents. We fight to get maximum compensation for children and adults. As a result, our law firm has recovered millions of dollars for our clients in settlements and jury verdicts.
Contact our law office at (305) 937-0191 to schedule a free consultation with one of our Miami child injury attorneys. We are here to provide legal advice, support, and guidance as you seek justice for your child in Miami, FL.
Table of Contents
Our Miami Car Accident Lawyers Help Parents With Child Injury Claims
When your child sustains injuries in a car wreck, your only concern is the health and well-being of your child. All your energy is focused on your child’s recovery. Therefore, it can be wise to hire a Miami auto accident lawyer to handle your child’s accident claim.
When you hire our legal team, you can expect us to:
- Handle all aspects of your child’s personal injury claim
- Provide support and guidance throughout the case
- Investigate the car crash to determine who is at fault for your child’s injuries
- File insurance claims and handle all negotiations with the insurance company
- Gather evidence and document damages
- Negotiate a fair settlement for damages
- Prepare and file a lawsuit to protect your child’s best interests
We offer a free consultation so that you can get answers to your legal questions about car accident claims for children. Call now to schedule your free case review with a car accident lawyer in Miami, Florida.
Children Involved in Car Accidents
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), a child is involved in an automobile accident every 32 seconds. In addition, the Centers for Disease Control cite traffic accidents as a leading cause of death for children under 13 years of age. In 2018, 636 children 12 years and younger died in traffic accidents and over 97,000 were injured.
Placing children in car seats reduces the risk of death and injury in traffic crashes.
Florida Child Car Seat Laws
Florida child safety seat laws require children 5 years of age and under to ride in a child car seat or booster seat. The type of car seat required depends on the child’s weight and height.
According to Florida seat belt laws, all children under the age of 18 must use a safety belt or ride in a child safety seat.
According to Florida Statute §316.613, children ages three years and under must ride in child restraint devices. The safety seat may be an integrated child seat or a separate carrier placed in motor vehicles. Children between the ages of 4 and 5 years may ride in a booster seat that is a separate carrier or integrated seat.
Choosing the Right Car Seat for Your Child
A car seat in Florida should comply with state law and comply with safety standards for car seats. Recommendations from the American Academy of Pediatricians state that children should remain in a rear-facing car seat until they outgrow the seat. Parents should check the manufacturer’s instructions for height and weight restrictions.
When the child outgrows a rear-facing safety seat, the child can ride in a front-facing seat. As with the rear-facing seat, it is recommended that children use the front-facing seat until they exceed the maximum height and weight restrictions for the car seat.
Older children may ride in booster seats until they are tall enough to use standard seat belts. Generally, a child must reach 4 feet 9 inches in height for seat belts to fit correctly. Children under 13 years of age should not ride in the front seat.
Filing Personal Injury Claims for Children After a Car Accident in Miami, Florida
Children have the right to recover compensation for economic and non-economic damages caused by a traffic accident. Long-term impairments are a concern when a child sustains injuries in a car crash. A child may sustain cognitive, physical, and emotional impairments from injuries.
Your child could be entitled to compensation for:
- Physical pain and suffering
- Emotional and mental distress and trauma
- Permanent impairments and disabilities
- Medical expenses and costs
- Loss of future income and diminished earning potential
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Reductions in quality of life
Our legal team works with your child’s physicians and medical experts to determine the extent of your child’s damages. We carefully document all damages, including future damages your child might experience.
Common Car Accidents in Miami, FL
- Airbag injuries
- Chest injuries
- Distracted driving
- Defective tire accidents
- Drunk driving
- Head-on crashes
- Highway crashes
- Hit-and-run accidents
- I-95 accidents
- Intersection crashes
- Lane change accidents
- Left-turn crashes
- Multi-vehicle car crashes
- Parking lot accidents
- Rear-end accidents
- Red and yellow light accidents
- Rollover accidents
- Self-driving accidents
- Single vehicle accidents
- Speeding accidents
- SUV rollover accidents
- U-turn accidents
- Uninsured motorists claims
Schedule a Free Consultation With Our Miami Car Crash Lawyer
Watching your child suffer is overwhelming. Knowing that their suffering was avoidable can cause additional grief. Let our legal team at Shaked Law Personal Injury Lawyers work to hold the party who caused your child’s pain responsible for their actions. Call us to schedule a free consultation with one of our Miami personal injury attorneys.
Additional Miami, FL Car Accident Resources
- Car Color & Crash Risk
- Car Inspection Laws in Florida
- Common Car Accident Scenarios in Miami: Causes & Determining Fault
- How To Obtain an Accident Report in Miami, FL
- Miami Car Accident Liability
- Most Dangerous Roads Intersections in Miami, FL
- Passenger Negligence
- Road Defects in Miami, FL
- What To Do After a Car Accident in Miami, Florida
- What to Do When Injured in a Car Accident in Miami, FL
Car Accident FAQs
- Can I Be Compensated for Pre-Existing Conditions After a Car Accident in Miami?
- Can I Recover Compensation After a Miami Car Accident Without a Lawyer?
- Do I Have To Go To Court After a Car Accident in Miami, FL?
- Do I Need a Lawyer After a Hit and Run Accident in Miami?
- How Does Car Insurance Work in Florida?
- How Long Will My Car Accident Case Take to Settle in Miami, FL?
- Is It a Mistake to Admit Fault After a Car Accident in Miami, FL?
- Left-Turn Collision: Who Is At Fault?
- What if the Other Driver Doesn’t Have Insurance?