If you are involved in a car accident in Miami, Florida, you might be confused, hurt, and worried about your future. The experienced car accident lawyers at Shaked Law Personal Injury Lawyers can help you navigate the Miami car accident claim process and advise you on the steps to follow to protect your health and legal claim. Call us today at (305) 937-0191 for a free case review.
Table of Contents
How Shaked Law Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help With a Miami Car Accident Claim
Shaked Law Personal Injury Lawyers has recovered hundreds of millions of dollars in compensation for accident victims just like you in Miami, FL. Some of the reasons we believe you should select our team to help you include:
- Our Miami car accident attorneys have more than 100 years of combined legal experience we can immediately put to use in your claim to help you start your claim from a position of strength.
- We are trial attorneys who have been recognized as American Trial Lawyers Association Top 100 Trial Lawyers.
- We have a diverse team who speaks multiple languages, including English, Spanish, and Hebrew.
- We have board-certified civil trial lawyers, a rare distinction that can only be claimed by a small percentage of the lawyers in the state.
- We achieve life-altering results, which is why we are members of the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum.
- Our zealous legal recognition has resulted in us receiving the Avvo’s Clients’ Choice Award.
Shaked Law Personal Injury Lawyers can help you navigate the Miami car accident claims process. Contact our law office today to set up your free case evaluation.
An Overview of the Miami Car Accident Claims Process
The car accident claims process in Miami-Dade County begins at the scene of the accident. In fact, the immediate aftermath of an accident can heavily impact your case for compensation down the line. The following are some key things to keep in mind regarding what to do and not do after an automobile accident in Miami, Florida.
Check for Injuries
Immediately after the accident, check if you or anyone else involved in the accident has any apparent injuries. If anyone is injured, request an ambulance. Allow paramedics to examine you for any signs of injury.
Miami car accidents can result in various injuries, including:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries, including partial or total paralysis
- Soft tissue injuries, including whiplash
- Arm, neck, back, or shoulder injuries
- Internal organ damage or internal bleeding
Sometimes, the adrenaline you experience immediately after the accident can mask symptoms of injury. If you did not get medical attention at the time of the accident, seek it in the days following the accident if you start displaying symptoms.
Report the Accident to the local Miami, Florida Authorities
Document the Scene
The scene of the accident will quickly be cleaned up so that other motorists are not harmed. This means that valuable evidence may quickly disappear moments after the accident. If possible, try to document the scene by:
- Taking pictures of the accident scene, the damage to both vehicles, and your injuries
- Exchanging information with the other driver
- Asking any witnesses for their names and contact information
A skilled personal injury lawyer can help gather additional evidence that may help establish liability for the accident.
Make a Claim With Your Own Insurance Company
Florida is a no-fault state for insurance, which means that all drivers are required to maintain insurance and they make a claim with their own insurance company following an accident, regardless of fault. All drivers must maintain $10,000 in personal injury protection (PIP) and $10,000 in property damage liability (PDL).
This system does not completely eliminate all possibility of filing a claim against the at-fault party. If you meet Florida’s serious injury threshold, you can pursue compensation for the full extent of your damages. This usually requires providing evidence that the accident left you incapacitated, permanently disabled, or unable to live your life normally.
Keep Track of Your Damages
If you were hurt in a Miami car crash, you may be able to recover compensation for the full extent of damages you suffered. Some types of damages and the evidence that can help you show them may include:
- Medical expenses – Medical reports and records for hospital bills, surgical expenses, and medication
- Lost income – Check stubs or a letter from your employer that shows the amount of wages and other compensation you lost while you were receiving treatment and recovering from your injuries
- Lost earning capacity – Reports and testimony from an economic expert about how your earnings will be negatively impacted because of your injuries
- Property damage – Estimates or invoices of how much it costs to repair or replace your vehicle
- Rental car and transportation expenses – Receipts for rental car expenses, toll charges, rideshare programs, and other transportation expenses
- Pain and suffering – A pain journal in which you record your daily symptoms and the effects the accident has had on your life
A lawyer can review your evidence and determine the compensation to which you might be entitled.
Contact a Miami Car Accident Attorney for Help Weaving Through the Claims Process
If you were hurt in a Miami car accident, the car accident lawyers at Shaked Law Personal Injury Lawyers can help. We can guide you through the process of filing a personal injury claim. Call us today for a free, no-hassle consultation.
Common Miami Car Accident Claims We Handle
Our law firm handles all types of car accident claims involving:
- Airbag injuries
- Chest injuries
- Distracted driving
- Defective tire accidents
- Drunk driving
- Head-on crashes
- Highway crashes
- Hit-and-run accidents
- I-95 accidents
- Intersection crashes
- Lane change accidents
- Left-turn crashes
- Multi-vehicle car crashes
- Parking lot accidents
- Rear-end accidents
- Red and yellow light accidents
- Rollover accidents
- Seatbelt Injuries
- Self-driving accidents
- Single vehicle accidents
- SUV rollover accidents
- U-turn accidents
- Uninsured motorists claims
Additional Car Accident Resources
- Car Color & Crash Risk
- Car Inspection Laws in Florida
- Common Car Accident Scenarios in Miami: Causes & Determining Fault
- Five Things to Know About Car Accident Settlement Agreements
- Florida Child Car Seat Laws
- Miami Car Accident Liability
- Miami Car Accident Statistics
- Miami, FL Car Accident FAQs
- Most Dangerous Roads Intersections in Miami, FL
- Passenger Negligence
- Questions To Ask a Lawyer After a Miami Car Accident
- Road Defects in Miami, FL
- What To Do After a Car Accident in Miami, Florida
- When To Hire a Lawyer After a Car Accident
Car Accident FAQs
- Can I Be Compensated for Pre-Existing Conditions After a Car Accident in Miami?
- Can I Recover Compensation After a Miami Car Accident Without a Lawyer?
- Do I Have To Go To Court After a Car Accident in Miami, FL?
- Do I Need a Lawyer After a Hit and Run Accident in Miami?
- How Does Car Insurance Work in Florida?
- How Long Will My Car Accident Case Take to Settle in Miami, FL?
- Is It a Mistake to Admit Fault After a Car Accident in Miami, FL?
- Left-Turn Collision: Who Is At Fault?
- What Does a Miami Car Accident Lawyer Do?
- What Should I Do If My Child Was Hurt in a Miami Car Accident?