Were you or a loved one harmed by a doctor’s mistake in Miami, Florida? You may be entitled to recover compensation for medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and more. Call an experienced Miami medical malpractice lawyer at Shaked Law Personal Injury Lawyers at (305) 937-0191. We will fight to recover the maximum compensation you deserve.
We’ve been fighting to protect injured clients’ rights since the day of our founding in 2007. In that time, our legal team has recovered millions of dollars worth of compensation for satisfied clients.
If you’re ready to learn more about your legal options, contact our Miami injury lawyers to schedule a free consultation today.
Table of Contents
How Shaked Law Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help With a Medical Malpractice Claim in Miami
You turned to your doctors and nurses for medical treatment. You trusted them with your most important assets: your health and well-being. Now, you’re struggling to deal with the consequences of your doctor’s mistake. You deserve to hold them accountable for your losses.
However, medical malpractice cases are extremely complex. You’ll need expertise in both law and medicine to succeed.
Shaked Law Personal Injury Lawyers has over 100 years of combined experience in personal injury. Our team includes Board-certified attorneys, Avvo Top Attorneys, and Top 100 Trial Lawyers. Rest assured, our Miami personal injury lawyers are qualified to handle even the most complicated medical malpractice claim.
When you hire Shaked Law Personal Injury Lawyers, our lawyers will:
- Review your medical records, speak with your medical team, and locate all evidence to back up your claim
- Determine who is responsible for paying your damages
- Consult respected experts and specialists to strengthen your case
- Negotiate with the insurance companies and defense lawyers to maximize your financial recovery
Our Miami personal injury attorneys are here to prevent the insurance company from scaring you into accepting less than you deserve. If you suspect that you were a victim of medical negligence, don’t hesitate to reach out for legal help today. Your initial consultation is always free, so there’s no risk in exploring your legal options.
How Common is Medical Malpractice in Miami?
Hundreds, if not thousands, of patients are harmed because of medical mistakes in Florida every year. Research by the prestigious Johns Hopkins University concluded that medical errors are now the third leading cause of death in the United States.
Florida is a hot spot for medical malpractice. In a single year, more than 168 patients died because of medical mistakes. Medical errors caused another 368 patients serious harm.
What is My Miami Medical Malpractice Case Worth?
There are a number of factors that determine what your medical malpractice case is worth.
Our lawyers will sit down with you to learn how the medical error changed your life to better understand the value of your claim.
During that time, we’ll ask questions such as:
- What type of medical treatment will you require?
- Did a doctor’s mistake make your condition worse?
- How did the harm you’ve suffered change your life?
- Was your career, education, or quality of life impacted?
- Will you suffer a permanent disability?
The cost of your medical care and out-of-pocket expenses are important in putting a fair value on your injury claim. Your unique pain and suffering also play an essential role in calculating the value of your case.
Serious injury claims can be difficult to value. Our medical and legal experts have over 100 years of experience handling cases like yours. You can count on us to go the extra mile and fight for the maximum compensation you deserve.
To learn more, call and schedule a free case review with a medical malpractice lawyer in Miami today.
What Types of Damages Are Available to Medical Malpractice Victims?
Florida medical malpractice laws provide victims with compensation for economic damages and non-economic damages.
Your economic damages are your financial losses. We’ll work on accounting for every dollar you’ve spent because of the doctor’s mistake.
Examples of economic damages include:
- Past and future medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Diminished future earning potential
- Physical therapy
- Medications and medical devices
- In-home care and modifications to your home or vehicle
Your non-economic damages account for all of your non-financial losses. These can be difficult to calculate but are no less important than your economic losses.
Examples of non-economic damages include:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Diminished quality of life
- Disfigurement and scarring
- Anxiety, depression, and PTSD
- Loss of consortium
In extreme cases, you may even be entitled to punitive damages. Would you like an experienced Miami medical malpractice attorney to fight for the fair compensation you need? Don’t hesitate to reach out and see how our legal representation can help in your case.
We’ll Fight to Recover Compensation for All of Your Medical Malpractice Injuries
If you were hurt because of a medical error, you deserve compensation for all of your injuries.
Our Miami medical malpractice attorneys are here to fight to make that happen.
We often represent clients who have suffered:
- Brain injuries
- Spinal cord damage
- A worsened underlying medical condition
- Shortened life expectancy
- Depression, anxiety and other mental disorders
- Organ damage
- Heart failure
- Dangerous drug interactions
- Blood clots
- Harm caused by unnecessary medical treatments
- Nerve damage
- Catastrophic injuries
- Wrongful death of a loved one
We’re ready to help you fight to hold your negligent medical providers accountable. We offer a free consultation, so don’t hesitate to reach out to learn more about your legal rights today.
What Causes Most Medical Malpractice Cases in Miami, Florida?
- Failure to diagnose
- Wrong-site surgery
- Misidentifying patients
- Charting and communication errors
- Adverse drug occurrences
- Improper drug transfusions
- Failure to take a complete patient medical history
- Failure to order the correct diagnostic tests
- Misinterpreting a diagnostic test
- Failure to recognize a patient’s symptoms
- Failure to refer the patient to a specialist when called for
At Shaked Law Personal Injury Lawyers, we handle all types of medical malpractice claims in Miami-Dade County, including those involving:
- Emergency room errors
- Anesthesia errors
- Birth injuries
- Medication errors
- Hospital negligence
- Hospital-acquired infections
- Failure to diagnose cancer
- Surgical errors
- Failure to obtain informed consent
- Infant brain damage
- Nursing negligence
- Pharmaceutical errors
- Radiology errors
Were you or a loved one harmed by a medical mistake? Our lawyers are here to fight for justice. Give us a call today and schedule a 100% free case review to learn more about how we can help.
How Do I Prove I Was a Victim of Medical Negligence in Florida?
All medical professionals in the state of Florida owe their patients a duty of care. That duty can vary depending on a doctor’s specialty, a patient’s medical condition, and a variety of other factors.
Regardless of the circumstances, health care professionals are required to provide the proper medical standard of care to their patients. The medical standard of care is the level of care that a reasonable, trained doctor would provide, considering all of the circumstances.
However, not every mistake rises to the level of malpractice. To recover compensation based on medical negligence, you’ll have to prove:
- The doctor, nurse, or healthcare provider owed you a duty of care
- The parameters of the medical standard of care under the circumstances
- The care you received did not comport to the medical standard of care (the doctor breached the duty of care)
- The breach caused you to suffer some type of actual harm, or damage
Building a successful medical malpractice case is always challenging. Florida law requires malpractice victims to hire expert witnesses to testify about the level of care they should have received. You’ll also have to identify the doctor’s mistake–which can be difficult without medical training.
Our lawyers at Shaked Law Personal Injury Lawyers have over 100 years of experience between us. We’re well-equipped to help you with these and any other challenges you’ll face along the way.
How Long Do I Have to File a Medical Malpractice Lawsuit in Florida?
Victims of medical malpractice don’t have an unlimited amount of time to act. Under the Florida statute of limitations, you’ll have two years to file a medical malpractice lawsuit. However, that two-year clock won’t start running until the date you reasonably should have discovered your injury.
Are you concerned about the deadline for taking legal action? Our lawyers would be happy to review your case and take steps to preserve your legal rights. Call or contact our offices today to schedule your free case evaluation.
Contact a Miami Medical Malpractice Lawyer for a Free Consultation
Were you or a family member harmed because a doctor, nurse, or healthcare professional was careless? An experienced Miami medical malpractice lawyer at Shaked Law Personal Injury Lawyers can help you hold the responsible party accountable. All you have to do is call or fill out our online contact form to schedule a free consultation today.
Our personal injury law firm in Miami, FL also provides:
- Car Accident Attorneys in Miami, FL
- Child Injury Lawyer in Miami
- Dog Bite Attorneys in Miami
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in Miami
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Miami
- Sexual Assault Lawyers in Miami
- Taxi Accident Lawyer in Miami
- Truck Accident Lawyer in Miami
- Uber Accident Attorney in Miami, FL
- Workplace Accident Attorneys in Miami
- Wrongful Death Lawyer in Miami, FL
Miami Medical Malpractice Blog Posts
- The Most Common Medical Errors in Miami, Florida
- What is the Difference Between Express and Implied Consent?
- What is the Difference Between Medical Malpractice and Medical Negligence?
Highly Rated Counseling Centers In Miami
- Coral Gables Counseling Center – 2600 Douglas Rd # 1003, Coral Gables, FL 33134
- Miami Counseling & Resource Center – 111 Majorca Ave B, Coral Gables, FL 33134
- LOTUS Counseling – 1428 Brickell Ave #403, Miami, FL 33131
- Envision Wellness – 1900 SW 57th Ave Suite 2, Miami, FL 33155
*Disclaimer – we do not endorse these companies or profit from having them listed on our website.
Additional Miami Medical Malpractice Resources
- Florida Health Care Complaint Portal
- Florida Board Of Medicine
- Medical Malpractice And Related Matters – Florida Senate
- Does Florida cap medical malpractice damages? – Nolo