Nothing is more important than your child’s health. You put your trust in pediatricians to treat your child with a high degree of care. However, pediatricians are human, and unfortunately, they sometimes make mistakes that can have serious consequences for your child.
If your child was injured by a negligent pediatrician, our Miami pediatrician malpractice lawyers can help by getting you and your child the compensation they need to recover. Shaked Law Personal Injury Lawyers have been helping families like yours in Miami, Florida, for 15 years.
Table of Contents
How Shaked Law Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help If Your Child Has Been Injured by a Pediatrician
Under Florida law, pediatricians are required to act prudently when treating your child. When a pediatrician fails to meet that standard, the results can be devastating.
Our personal injury lawyers in Miami, Florida, have a proven track record of recovering millions of dollars for victims of negligence. Shaked Law Personal Injury Lawyers are standing by, ready to talk to you about your child’s injury.
If you decide to retain our medical malpractice lawyers to represent you and your child, we can:
- Complete our own thorough investigation into your child’s injuries
- Identify all parties who are responsible for harming your child
- Retain medical experts to help strengthen your case
- Calculate the compensation to which your child is entitled
- Negotiate for a full and fair settlement with the insurance companies and negligent parties
- Keep you up-to-date on your case’s status every step of the way so you can make informed decisions
Sometimes, insurance companies refuse to negotiate a fair settlement. Shaked Law Personal Injury Lawyers won’t compromise. If the insurance company doesn’t treat your child fairly, we won’t hesitate to file a lawsuit and put the case before a jury.
A pediatrician’s mistake may affect your child long-term. If a pediatrician’s negligence injured your child, put your trust in our experienced Miami pediatrician malpractice attorneys. Contact us today for a free consultation.
What Are the Contributing Factors to Pediatrician Malpractice?
Pediatricians are entrusted with treating our children, but just like any other doctor or healthcare provider, they can and do make mistakes. According to a recent study by the American Academy of Pediatrics, 21% of pediatricians reported having to defend malpractice claims.
The causes of pediatrician malpractice can vary wildly, but the major contributing factors include the following:
- Failure to communicate with other healthcare providers who are treating the child
- Long work hours without sufficient rest or sleep
- Failure to refer the child to the appropriate specialists
- Failure to order proper diagnostic tests
- Misreading diagnostic tests
- Misdiagnosis of the child’s medical condition
- Working under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs
Whatever the cause, any mistake or oversight by a pediatrician can have serious consequences. When that happens, your child may be entitled to recover significant compensation for their medical treatment, future medical care, prescriptions, pain and suffering, and reduced quality of life.
However, you shouldn’t hire just any personal injury attorney. Your child will need an attorney who understands the complexity of medical malpractice cases.
Our Miami personal injury firm has a team of seasoned attorneys, including board-certified lawyers and Top 100 Trial Lawyers. With over 100 years of combined experience, Shaked Law Personal Injury Lawyers will give your child the best chance of recovering compensation.
What Injuries Can Result From Pediatrician Malpractice?
A pediatrician’s mistake in Miami-Dade County can cause serious injuries with potentially lifelong consequences. There’s a wide range of injuries a child can suffer as a result of pediatrician malpractice, and there may be a combination of injuries, including:
- Brain damage
- Birth injuries, such as cerebral palsy
- Spinal cord injuries
- Vision impairment, including blindness
- Speech and language impairment
- Hearing impairments or deafness
- Motor skill and coordination impairment
- Damage to the brain, heart, lungs and other vital internal organs
In the most severe cases, a pediatrician’s negligence could result in the death of a child. Every pediatrician malpractice case is different, but they all have a serious impact on your child and your family.
Shaked Law Personal Injury Lawyers have the experience your child needs to fight tirelessly for their rights.
Contact Our Miami Pediatrician Malpractice Lawyers for a Free Consultation
If your child was the victim of pediatrician malpractice and has suffered injuries as a result, they may be entitled to recover significant compensation. Your child needs a lawyer who is well-equipped to take on the lawyers representing the insurance companies, hospitals, and healthcare providers. Your child needs Shaked Law Personal Injury Lawyers in their corner.
We’ll work hard to hold everyone who contributed to your child’s injuries accountable for their negligence. Call us for a free consultation with a trusted Miami pediatrician malpractice attorney so we can review your child’s case and answer any questions you may have.