Are you suffering injuries from a radiological error in Miami, Florida? These errors are more common than many people realize. They can also be more harmful and deadly than many people assume. Radiology errors can lead to misdiagnosing health conditions, delayed care, and incorrect treatment.
Radiological errors can occur with any imaging test, including:
- CT Scans (computed tomography)
- PET scans
- MRIs (magnetic resonance imaging)
The Miami radiological errors lawyers at Shaked Law Personal Injury Lawyers have more than 100 years of combined legal experience handling medical malpractice claims. Since 2007, our lawyers have recovered hundreds of millions of dollars on behalf of our clients.
If you were injured because of a radiological mistake, call our law office at (305) 937-0191 for a free consultation with a Miami medical malpractice attorney. We want to help you receive the money you deserve for injuries and damages caused by medical negligence.
How Our Miami Medical Malpractice Lawyers Can Help You With a Radiological Error Claim
Mistakes made by doctors, labs, and technicians can cause patients life-threatening conditions and catastrophic injuries. At Shaked Law Personal Injury Lawyers, we fight to hold these parties responsible for the harm they cause.
When you hire our award-winning medical malpractice lawyers to handle your case, you can expect us to:
- Explain the laws related to your claim and your options for recovering compensation for damages
- Investigate why the radiological error occurred and how that error caused your injury
- Document damages to calculate the value of your claim
- File insurance claims and handle all matters related to negotiating a settlement with the insurance company
- Retain medical experts to work on your case as needed
- Identify all parties who could be liable for your damages
- File and pursue a medical malpractice lawsuit if the parties who caused you harm refuse to negotiate a fair settlement
We are here for you and your family. Our legal team will provide guidance and support throughout your case. Call our law firm for a free case evaluation from an experienced medical malpractice attorney in Miami, FL.
Why Do Radiology Errors Occur in Miami, FL?
It is estimated that day-to-day discrepancies in the radiology practice are between three to five percent. However, targeted studies report much higher rates.
Sadly, many of the reasons for radiological errors are preventable. Human errors and recklessness account for a large number of mistakes.
Common reasons for radiological errors include:
- Lack of adequate experience and/or training
- Attempting to handle more cases than can be accomplished with an adequate level of care and competence
- Rushing to complete tests or analyze results
- Mismanagement of patient records
- Being overly fatigued or drowsy
- Faulty and defective equipment
- Failing to adequately maintain equipment
- Working under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Failure to follow standard procedures
- Understaffing departments or diagnostic centers
Another common cause of radiological errors includes Satisfaction of Search or cognitive bias errors. This problem occurs when a radiologist finds an expected result.
The radiologist doesn’t look further to determine if there’s another cause for the patient’s symptoms or another problem. Double reading is more costly for a facility, but it can significantly reduce the number of radiology errors caused by cognitive biases.
What Type of Harm Can Radiological Errors Cause for Patients?
A patient may suffer from a variety of potential consequences of a radiological error. For example, there could be a delay in diagnosis or failure to diagnose, resulting in the patient not receiving life-saving medical treatment.
Delays in diagnosing a condition or illness could also result in permanent impairment that could have been avoided had the patient received treatment sooner. An incorrect diagnosis can result in receiving the wrong type of treatment, which could cause the condition to worsen or cause other health problems for the patient.
Damages for radiological errors include economic damages, such as additional medical bills and higher lost wages. The patient may also experience additional pain and suffering, among other non-economic damages.
Filing a Medical Malpractice Lawsuit Seeking Damages for Radiological Errors
A medical malpractice lawsuit seeks compensation for damages caused by radiological errors. One or more parties might be named defendants in the lawsuit, including doctors, radiologists, technicians, nurses, hospitals, and diagnostic centers.
Typically, you must prove that the medical professional breached their duty of care and that the breach of duty caused your injury. You must also have evidence proving you sustained injuries and damages because of the radiological error.
These types of personal injury cases require hiring medical experts to provide expert opinions and testimony. Therefore, you want to hire a law firm with substantial experience handling medical malpractice claims.
Schedule a Free Consultation With Our Miami Radiological Errors Attorneys
Florida’s statute of limitations limits your time to file a claim related to a radiological error. Do not let time run out. Call Shaked Law Personal Injury Lawyers now for a free consultation with one of our Miami medical malpractice attorneys.