The forces involved in a collision and the safety equipment found in cars and trucks cause several common injury patterns in Miami, FL. But although accident victims often suffer similar injuries, each case is unique. The medical treatment you require, the pain and suffering you endure, and the income you lose will distinguish your case from all others.
To better understand how a car accident could affect you, it can be helpful to learn about the common injuries from Miami car accidents and how to seek compensation for their effects.
Table of Contents
How Shaked Law Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help After an Accident in Miami
Shaked Law Personal Injury Lawyers was founded in 2007. Since then, the firm has recovered over $100 million in injury compensation for its clients.
The firm’s Miami car accident lawyers have over 100 years of combined experience. Some notable car accident case outcomes they’ve achieved include:
- $12.24 million verdict for a fatal car accident
- $3.75 million settlement for a brain injury from a car accident
- $1 million settlement for a car accident caused by an unsecured load
When you hire Shaked Law to represent you, you’ll receive legal assistance in the form of:
- An internal investigation into the circumstances surrounding your accident to collect evidence and uncover the full extent of your losses
- The ability to hire experts to analyze your case and testify on your behalf at trial
- Negotiating a fair settlement agreement with the other party to your case and file a lawsuit if they refuse to negotiate in good faith
Car accident injuries can cause pain, mental anguish, and temporary or permanent disability. To discuss the compensation you can seek for these and other effects of a car accident injury in Miami, Florida, contact Shaked Law Personal Injury Lawyers for a free consultation.
How Common Are Injuries From Miami Car Accidents?
According to the Florida Crash Dashboard, Miami-Dade County had 62,535 traffic accidents in 2021. The county contains 15.5% of Florida’s population but only saw 12.2% of Florida’s traffic accidents. This means drivers in Miami were less likely to get into a car accident than drivers elsewhere in the state.
These accidents included 19,396 injury crashes and 324 fatal crashes. In 2021, 31.5% of Miami traffic accidents caused a fatal or non-fatal injury. But the injury rate varied depending on the type of accident:
- 93.8% of bicycle accidents caused at least one injury
- 85.9% of pedestrian accidents caused at least one injury
- 80.7% of motorcycle accidents caused at least one injury
- 28.2% of car accidents caused at least one injury
One more statistic illustrates the frequency of auto accident injuries. Bicycle, pedestrian, and motorcycle accidents often injure the cyclist, pedestrian, or motorcyclist but rarely the driver. Car accidents, by contrast, can injure occupants of both vehicles.
According to the Crash Dashboard, Miami car accidents injured 25,804 people in 2021. This means each accident in Miami that year injured an average of 1.54 people.
In sum, fewer than 30% of Miami car accidents cause injuries. But if your accident falls into that category, the odds are fairly high that both you and the other driver will be injured.
Overview of Common Injuries From Miami Car Accidents
The type of injuries you might suffer in a Miami car accident can depend on several factors. Speed, angle, and seat belt use can all influence how your body is thrown around in a collision and what objects or surfaces you might hit.
Some common injuries from Miami car accidents include:
In these crashes, the weight of your head pulls on your neck as your head whips back and forth. This whipping motion stretches and tears your neck’s muscles, tendons, and ligaments.
Head and Facial Injuries
Head and facial injuries often happen when your head strikes something inside your car during an accident. They’re most likely to occur in side-impact or angle collisions at intersections. Seat belts weren’t designed to prevent your body from moving sideways. As a result, you can hit your head and face on the side window or doorpost.
These accidents often result when drivers violate traffic laws by:
- Running a red light or stop sign
- Failing to yield the right-of-way
- Turning left across the path of an oncoming car
- Turning right into the path of an oncoming car
Brain injuries occur when your brain is jostled inside your head. If the brain hits the interior surface of your skull, you could develop a brain contusion. This injury can cause permanent brain damage, coma, or even death.
Seat Belt Injuries
Seat belt injuries happen when you’re driven forcefully into your seat belt during a collision. These injuries often leave painful bruises and could result in broken ribs or compression fractures.
Schedule a Free Consultation With Our Miami Car Accident Injury Lawyers
A car accident can cause a wide range of injuries. To discuss the compensation you can seek for your car accident injuries, contact Shaked Law Personal Injury Lawyers for a free consultation with an experienced Miami car accident attorney.
Common Miami Car Accident Claims We Handle
Our law firm handles all types of car accident claims involving:
- Airbag injuries
- Chest injuries
- Distracted driving
- Defective tire accidents
- Drunk driving
- Highway crashes
- Hit-and-run accidents
- I-95 accidents
- Lane change accidents
- Multi-vehicle car crashes
- Parking lot accidents
- Red and yellow light accidents
- Rollover accidents
- Self-driving accidents
- Single vehicle accidents
- SUV rollover accidents
- U-turn accidents
- Uninsured motorists claims
Additional Car Accident Resources
- Car Color & Crash Risk
- Car Inspection Laws in Florida
- Common Car Accident Scenarios in Miami: Causes & Determining Fault
- Florida Child Car Seat Laws
- How To Obtain an Accident Report in Miami, FL
- Miami Car Accident Claims Process
- Miami, FL Car Accident FAQs
- Most Dangerous Roads Intersections in Miami, FL
- Passenger Negligence
- Road Defects in Miami, FL
- What To Do After a Car Accident in Miami, Florida
- When To Hire a Lawyer After a Car Accident
Car Accident FAQs
- Can I Be Compensated for Pre-Existing Conditions After a Car Accident in Miami?
- Can I Recover Compensation After a Miami Car Accident Without a Lawyer?
- Do I Need a Lawyer After a Hit and Run Accident in Miami?
- How Does Car Insurance Work in Florida?
- How Long Will My Car Accident Case Take to Settle in Miami, FL?
- Is It a Mistake to Admit Fault After a Car Accident in Miami, FL?
- Left-Turn Collision: Who Is At Fault?
- What Does a Miami Car Accident Lawyer Do?
- What if the Other Driver Doesn’t Have Insurance?
- What Should I Do If My Child Was Hurt in a Miami Car Accident?
- Who Is at Fault for My Florida Car Accident?
- Who Will Pay My Medical Bills After a Car Accident in Miami, FL?