According to the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (FLHSMV), over 401,000 motor vehicle crashes occurred in 2021. These accidents resulted in over 3,760 deaths and 252,900 injuries. Various types of car accidents resulted in these figures.
When you hire Shaked Law Personal Injury Lawyers, we’ll immediately begin an investigation into your claim and determine how the accident occurred. With over 100 years of combined legal experience, our car accident attorneys in Miami, Florida have seen a variety of accident types and understand the intricacies involved in each case.
Call us at (305) 937-0191 or contact us online to arrange a free consultation.
How a Car Accident Lawyer From Shaked Law Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help You Determine Fault
A Miami car accident lawyer from Shaked Law Personal Injury Lawyers can help you identify what caused the accident and who is legally at fault for it.
We encourage you to contact our law firm and consider us to represent you in your car accident case because:
- We are highly selective about the cases we take and only take on cases that we believe we can win.
- We have recovered millions of dollars in compensation for our clients, and six- and seven-figure awards are frequent at our firm.
- We have board-certified civil trial lawyers on our team, which is a testament to their ability and accomplishments and noticed by our adversaries.
- We have been recognized by the National Trial Lawyers Association Top 100 Trial Lawyers and received a perfect-10 rating on Avvo.
Give us a call today to find out what makes our lawyers at the Miami-Dade County different.
Common Types of Car Accidents in Miami
There are many different ways that vehicles can be involved in accidents.
Common scenarios include:
- Rear-end accidents – A rear-end accident occurs when the front of one vehicle hits the back of another, often due to inattention or distracted driving.
- Head-on accidents – A head-on accident occurs when two vehicles traveling in opposite directions collide at the front of their vehicles. These accidents frequently occur because of driver impairment or fatigue.
- T-bone accidents – A T-bone accident occurs when one vehicle collides into the side of another vehicle, forming the letter “T.” These accidents often occur at intersections or when one vehicle is turning left.
- Single-vehicle accidents – A single-vehicle accident may occur when the vehicle contains a defective part like bad tires or due to driver impairment. Passengers may be able to file a claim against a negligent driver.
- Rollover accidents – Rollover accidents often occur because of a design defect that makes the vehicle more likely to roll onto its side in certain conditions.
An experienced car accident lawyer can investigate the accident and determine who is at fault for it.
Common Causes of Car Accidents in Miami
Most car accidents are caused by driver error when someone is not paying attention to the roadway or breaks a traffic rule.
According to FLHSMV, some of the most common causes of car accidents in 2020 included:
- Impairment – 4,554 accidents involved alcohol impairment in 2020, and another 708 involved drug impairment.
- Driver negligence – Over 200,000 motor vehicle crashes involved some type of driver negligence.
- Failure to yield the right-of-way – This driving mistake resulted in the loss of 406 lives in Florida motor vehicle accidents in 2020.
- Speeding – Speeding was involved in more than 2,000 accidents in 2020 and resulted in 137 traffic deaths.
- Aggressive driving – Aggressive driving was involved in about 5,000 motor vehicle accidents in Florida in 2020.
- Failure to stay in a lane – This driving mistake was involved in 256 fatal motor vehicle accidents in Florida.
- Following too closely – Following too closely resulted in more than 40,000 wrecks in Florida.
- Wrong-way driving – Wrong-side or wrong-way driving resulted in more than 2,000 motor vehicle accidents in 2020 and 115 traffic fatalities.
Identifying the cause of the accident can help determine who may be at fault for it and financially responsible for compensating you for your injuries.
How to Determine Fault in Miami Car Accident Cases
Florida is a no-fault auto insurance state, meaning that car accident victims must first turn to their own insurance for coverage, regardless of who is at fault. However, if you were seriously injured in a car accident, you may be able to pursue compensation from the at-fault driver.
A skilled Miami personal injury lawyer can help by investigating your claim and:
- Reviewing the accident report, the other driver’s statement, and witness statements
- Preserving evidence like physical damage to parts so that it is not altered
- Developing pictures of the accident scene and requesting access to cameras that may have recorded the accident
- Communicating with insurance companies and other parties on your behalf
- Compiling evidence about how the accident has impacted your life
- Computing the full extent of your damages
We want you to focus on your recovery while we handle the details of your case.
Contact the Miami Car Crash Law Firm of Shaked Law Personal Injury Lawyers For Help With Your Miami Car Accident Claim
The experienced legal team at Shaked Law Personal Injury Lawyers can help with all aspects of your claim. Call us or contact us online to arrange a free consultation.
Common Miami Car Accident Claims We Handle
Our law firm handles all types of car accident claims involving:
- Airbag injuries
- Chest injuries
- Highway crashes
- Hit-and-run accidents
- I-95 accidents
- Multi-vehicle car crashes
- Parking lot accidents
- Red and yellow light accidents
- Seatbelt Injuries
- Single vehicle accidents
- SUV rollover accidents
- U-turn accidents
- Uninsured motorists claims
Additional Car Accident Resources
- Car Color & Crash Risk
- Car Inspection Laws in Florida
- Five Things to Know About Car Accident Settlement Agreements
- Florida Child Car Seat Laws
- Miami Car Accident Liability
- Miami Car Accident Statistics
- Miami, FL Car Accident FAQs
- Most Dangerous Roads Intersections in Miami, FL
- Passenger Negligence
- Questions To Ask a Lawyer After a Miami Car Accident
- Road Defects in Miami, FL
- What To Do After a Car Accident in Miami, Florida
- What to Do When Injured in a Car Accident in Miami, FL
- When To Hire a Lawyer After a Car Accident
Car Accident FAQs
- Can I Be Compensated for Pre-Existing Conditions After a Car Accident in Miami?
- Can I Recover Compensation After a Miami Car Accident Without a Lawyer?
- Can I Be Reimbursed For Lost Wages After a Car Accident in Miami, FL?
- Do I Have To Go To Court After a Car Accident in Miami, FL?
- Do I Need a Lawyer After a Hit and Run Accident in Miami?
- How Long Will My Car Accident Case Take to Settle in Miami, FL?
- Is It a Mistake to Admit Fault After a Car Accident in Miami, FL?
- Left-Turn Collision: Who Is At Fault?
- What Should I Do If My Child Was Hurt in a Miami Car Accident?
- Who Will Pay My Medical Bills After a Car Accident in Miami, FL?