Some of the most devastating and deadly car accidents are head-on crashes. Head-on accidents result in catastrophic injuries and deaths. In many cases, head-on collisions in Miami, Florida, are avoidable.
The Miami head-on crashes lawyers of Shaked Law Personal Injury Lawyers have more than a century of legal experience. We have recovered millions of dollars for our clients since 2007. We want to help you after your head-on crash.
Call our law office at (305) 937-0191 or contact us online to schedule your free consultation with a Miami head-on collision attorney. It does not cost you anything to learn about your legal options.
How Can Our Miami Car Accident Lawyers Help You with Your Accident Claim?
After a car crash, your primary focus should be your injuries and your family. A head-on collision lawyer handles the legal matters related to your personal injury claim. Instead of dealing with an insurance company, you can focus on your recovery.
The Miami car accident lawyers of Shaked Law Personal Injury Lawyers have considerable knowledge of personal injury laws in the State of Florida. In addition, our law firm has significant resources to handle injury cases. These factors work in your favor when we battle an insurance company for fair compensation in your accident case.
When you hire our legal team in Miami, Florida, you can expect us to:
- Gather evidence proving fault for the motor vehicle accident
- Identify the parties liable for your damages
- File and manage insurance claims
- Monitor deadlines for filing lawsuits
- Consult with experts about the cause of the crash and your injuries when necessary
- Document your damages and calculate the value of your claim
- Negotiate for full compensation for all damages
Our Miami auto accident attorneys offer free consultations for accident victims. Call our office today to schedule your free case review to discuss your case.
What Causes Head-On Crashes in Miami, FL?
A head-on accident occurs when one vehicle crosses into another lane of traffic and crashes into the front end of another vehicle. A frontal collision may also occur at an intersection when a driver fails to yield the right of way.
The causes of head-on collisions often involve driver negligence. Common reasons for head-on car accidents include:
- High speeds
- Distracted driving
- Fatigued and drowsy driving
- Failure to yield the right of way
- Impaired driving
- Passenger negligence
Dangerous roads, road defects, or weather conditions may play a role in some head-on car crashes. However, the driver’s failure to decrease speed or pay attention to road conditions is generally also a contributing factor.
Injuries Caused by a Head-On Car Accident
The risk of severe injury and death is high in head-on crashes. The driver and passengers may be ejected from the vehicle upon impact. They may be crushed as the vehicles are mangled together.
The injuries sustained when vehicles collide head-on include:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Paralysis and spinal cord injury
- Broken bones
- Internal organ damage
- Back and neck injuries
- Loss of limbs and amputations
- Severe burns and disfigurement
- Airbag injuries
- Seatbelt injuries
- Wrongful death
Many injuries sustained in a front-impact car accident result in disabilities and permanent impairments. The accident victim may require ongoing personal and nursing care, which could result in substantial future damages.
What Damages Can I Recover for a Head-On Crash in Miami, Florida?
If you were injured in a car crash, you could recover several types of damages, including economic and non-economic damages.
Examples of damages for a car crash claim include, but are not limited to:
- Cost of physical, occupational, and other therapies
- Medical bills
- Personal care and nursing care
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of income, benefits, and earning capacity
- Loss of quality of life and enjoyment of life
Our legal team works with your physicians to document your injuries. When a case involves permanent disabilities, we work with medical experts and financial professionals to calculate the value of future damages to maximize your recovery.
Can I Sue the Other Driver for a Head-On Accident in Miami?
Florida no-fault insurance laws require a driver to carry Personal Injury Protection insurance (PIP). No-fault insurance would pay benefits even if you caused the accident. Therefore, you would file a claim with your no-fault insurance seeking benefits after a head-on car crash.
However, people who sustain serious injuries in a car crash in Florida may sue the at-fault driver for damages. Because head-on collisions tend to result in severe injuries, you may have the right to sue the other driver. Our Miami car accident lawyer will review the case free of charge to advise you of your options for recovering compensation.
Schedule a Free Consultation With Our Car Accident Law Firm in Miami, FL
Head-on car accidents may result in wrongful death or severe injuries. If you or a family member was injured in a head-on crash, we are here to provide legal advice, support, and guidance. Call us now or contact our office online to learn more about how our Miami motor vehicle accident attorneys can help you.
Other Common Types of Car Accidents in South Florida
Other typical car accidents that happen across Miami-Dade County include:
- Defective tire accidents
- Highway crashes
- Hit-and-run accidents
- I-95 accidents
- Left-turn crashes
- Multi-vehicle car crashes
- Parking lot accidents
- Rear-end accidents
- Red and yellow light accidents
- Rollover accidents
- Self-driving accidents
- Single vehicle accidents
- SUV rollover accidents
- U-turn accidents
- Uninsured motorists claims
Additional Car Accident Resources
- Car Color & Crash Risk
- Car Inspection Laws in Florida
- Five Things to Know About Car Accident Settlement Agreements
- Florida Child Car Seat Laws
- How To Obtain an Accident Report in Miami, FL
- Miami Car Accident Statistics
- Miami, FL Car Accident FAQs
Car Accident FAQs
- Can I Be Compensated for Pre-Existing Conditions After a Car Accident in Miami?
- Can I Recover Compensation After a Miami Car Accident Without a Lawyer?
- Do I Have To Go To Court After a Car Accident in Miami, FL?
- Do I Need a Lawyer After a Hit and Run Accident in Miami?
- How Long Will My Car Accident Case Take to Settle in Miami, FL?
- Is It a Mistake to Admit Fault After a Car Accident in Miami, FL?
- Left-Turn Collision: Who Is At Fault?
- What if the Other Driver Doesn’t Have Insurance?
- What Should I Do If My Child Was Hurt in a Miami Car Accident?