Miami, Florida, car accidents tend to fall into a few narrow types. These accidents are categorized by how they happened, the nature of the resulting collision, or the maneuvers the vehicles were making when the collision occurred.
The type of car accident often foretells the injuries a victim and their passengers might suffer. It can also help accident lawyers prove liability.
Learn about Miami car accidents and how to seek injury compensation if you’ve been injured in one. Contact our law office by calling us at (305) 937-0191 to schedule a free consultation with one of our injury attorneys at Shaked Law Personal Injury Lawyers.
Table of Contents
How Shaked Law Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help After a Miami Car Accident
Shaked Law Personal Injury Lawyers was founded over 15 years ago to help Miami, Florida, accident victims get fair injury compensation. In that time, the firm’s lawyers have recovered more than $100 million in injury compensation for its clients.
Some car accident case outcomes include:
- $21 million car accident verdict
- $12.24 million car accident verdict
- $1 million car accident settlement
The firm can help with your case in the following ways, to name just a few:
- Hire experts to bolster your compensation claim and testify on your behalf if necessary
- Investigate your case internally to uncover evidence and nail down the complete extent of your losses
- Negotiate a settlement with the other party to your case and file a lawsuit if they won’t negotiate in good faith
A car accident can prevent you from working or meeting your daily needs. Contact Shaked Law Personal Injury Lawyers for a free consultation to discuss your car crash injuries and the compensation you can seek for them.
How Common Are Miami Car Accidents?
Miami-Dade County has more car accidents than any other Florida county, and Miami has the most car accidents of any Florida city.
Miami accounts for 12.2% of Florida’s population, based on reporting by the U.S. Census Bureau. However, the city only sees 4.3% of Florida’s car accidents. This means drivers outside Miami are 2.8 times more likely to get into a car accident than drivers in Miami.
In other words, even though Miami has a lot of car accidents, they’re more prevalent elsewhere in Florida.
Overview of Types of Miami Car Accidents
Some common types of Miami car collisions include:
Rear-end crashes happen when a trailing vehicle hits the back of a leading vehicle. These collisions can injure the occupants of both vehicles. Injuries from rear-end crashes include whiplash, chest bruises, and facial injuries. But since rear-end crashes involve vehicles traveling in the same direction, they rarely cause fatal injuries.
Liability for rear-end crashes usually lies with the driver of the trailing vehicle, as they’re expected to maintain a safe following distance. Occasionally, drivers of leading vehicles will bear liability for a rear-end crash if they change lanes without leaving enough room for the trailing vehicle.
Intersection Accidents in Miami, FL
According to the Florida Traffic Safety Dashboard, Miami intersections account for 36.8% of the city’s traffic injuries and fatalities. More than twice as many accidents happen at intersections as on roadways between intersections.
Intersection accidents are some of the most dangerous. An angle collision, particularly a side-impact collision, happens at a car’s weak spot. The seat belts and airbags also can’t slow down occupants’ bodies as they slide sideways in an angle collision. As a result, angle collisions have the highest injury and fatality rates among all crash types.
Intersection accidents usually result from:
- Running a red light or stop sign
- Turning left across oncoming traffic
- Turning right into oncoming traffic
Drivers bear liability for accidents if they proceed through an intersection when they should yield the right-of-way.
Lane Departure Accidents
Lane departure accidents happen when a vehicle leaves its lane and hits another vehicle. The departure can happen intentionally, as when a driver sideswipes another vehicle while changing lanes.
Lane departure accidents can also happen unintentionally. For example, a driver could drift off course due to:
Lane departure accidents can injure vehicle occupants but rarely cause fatalities. A sideswipe accident can result in bruises, strains, and sprains. In the worst case, a sideswipe can push a vehicle off the road and cause it to roll over.
Liability for these accidents usually falls on the driver who left their lane. Even if they departed the lane unintentionally, they can still bear liability if they knew or should have known their condition would not allow them to drive safely.
Surprisingly, only 0.5% of Miami’s car accidents result from intoxicated driving. But these accidents injured 171 and killed 59, according to the Florida Crash Dashboard. These lives were unnecessarily harmed due to preventable driving behavior.
Schedule a Free Consultation With Our Car Crash Lawyers in Miami, FL
Any type of car accident can leave you with massive medical costs and no way to pay them. To discuss the compensation you can seek for your car crash injuries, contact Shaked Law Personal Injury Lawyers for a free consultation with a Miami car accident attorney.
Other Common Miami Car Accident Claims We Handle
Our law firm handles all types of car accident claims involving:
- Defective tire accidents
- Head-on crashes
- Highway crashes
- Hit-and-run accidents
- I-95 accidents
- Multi-vehicle car crashes
- Parking lot accidents
- Self-driving accidents
- Single vehicle accidents
- Speeding accidents
- SUV rollover accidents
- U-turn accidents
- Uninsured motorists claims
Additional Car Accident Resources
- Car Color & Crash Risk
- Car Inspection Laws in Florida
- Florida Child Car Seat Laws
- How To Obtain an Accident Report in Miami, FL
- Miami, FL Car Accident FAQs
- Most Dangerous Roads Intersections in Miami, FL
- Passenger Negligence
- Road Defects in Miami, FL
- What To Do After a Car Accident in Miami, Florida
- When To Hire a Lawyer After a Car Accident
Car Accident FAQs
- Can I Be Compensated for Pre-Existing Conditions After a Car Accident in Miami?
- Can I Recover Compensation After a Miami Car Accident Without a Lawyer?
- Can I Be Reimbursed For Lost Wages After a Car Accident in Miami, FL?
- Do I Have To Go To Court After a Car Accident in Miami, FL?
- Do I Need a Lawyer After a Hit and Run Accident in Miami?
- How Does Car Insurance Work in Florida?
- How Long Will My Car Accident Case Take to Settle in Miami, FL?
- Is It a Mistake to Admit Fault After a Car Accident in Miami, FL?
- Left-Turn Collision: Who Is At Fault?
- What if the Other Driver Doesn’t Have Insurance?
- What Should I Do If My Child Was Hurt in a Miami Car Accident?
- Who Is at Fault for My Florida Car Accident?