Failing to yield the right of way is a common cause of car accidents in Miami, Florida. Left-turn accidents can cause intersection crashes, head-on collisions, and side-impact crashes. Tragically, a left-turn accident can result in catastrophic injuries, permanent disabilities, and wrongful deaths.
The Miami left-turn accident lawyers of Shaked Law Personal Injury Lawyers have more than 100 years of combined legal experience. Our firm has recovered hundreds of millions of dollars in verdicts and settlements for our clients since 2007. Our legal team pursues every possible source of compensation in auto accident cases to maximize recovery for our clients.
Contact our law office or call (305) 937-0191 today to schedule your free consultation with one of our Miami car accident lawyers. Let us help you receive the compensation you deserve after a negligent driver causes you injury and harm.
Table of Contents
How Our Miami Car Accident Attorneys Can Help You With a Left-Turn Accident Claim
A car crash can result in financial hardships and pain and suffering. You should not bear the burden of another driver’s reckless actions. Instead, you deserve compensation for damages caused by a car accident.
Our left-turn accident attorneys in Miami-Dade County at Shaked Law Personal Injury Lawyers have significant experience handling auto accident claims. We fight to recover fair and just settlements for our clients using our extensive skills, resources, and knowledge of personal injury claims. If necessary, we will aggressively argue your case in court.
- Investigate the cause of the traffic accident and gather evidence proving that the driver turning left caused the crash
- Verify insurance coverage, file insurance claims, and monitor the progress of the claims with the insurance company
- Gather documentation of damages and assess the value of your damages
- Determine the maximum value for your claim and negotiate to recover that amount
- Monitor the Florida statute of limitations for filing personal injury lawsuits
- Represent your best interests during negotiations and in court
We understand that you and your family have been through a traumatic event. Our legal team can guide you through the claims process. Call now for your free case evaluation with an experienced car accident lawyer in Miami, FL.
Common Causes of Left-Turn Accidents in Miami, FL
Left-turn accidents occur at intersections when a driver turns in front of oncoming traffic. However, these accidents also happen when drivers pull out into the road from driveways, side streets, and parking lots. In addition, left turns crossing opposing traffic at any location can result in a left-turn accident.
Running a red light is a common cause of left-turn accidents.
In addition to failing to yield the right of way, other factors that contribute to left turn crashes include:
- Distracted driving
- Misjudging the distance of oncoming traffic
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- A driver who is fatigued or drowsy
- Drivers making left turns from the right-hand lane
- Failing to use turn signals
- Speeding and reckless driving
You must prove that the other driver caused the collision to win a personal injury lawsuit. All drivers are expected to understand and follow the rules for yielding the right of way and turning left in the Florida statutes for State Uniform Traffic Control.
Examining the factors that contributed to the cause of the crash can help determine fault. Therefore, our legal team will investigate every aspect of the crash to identify all factors that contributed to the cause of the accident.
What Injuries Are Caused by Left-Turn Accidents in Miami?
Injuries caused by left-turn accidents include:
- Fractures and broken bones
- Crushing injuries
- Chest injuries
- Damage to internal organs
- Amputations and loss of limbs
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Neck and back injuries
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Airbag injuries
- Seatbelt injuries
Some accident victims may sustain permanent impairments and disabilities because of their accident injuries. These conditions can profoundly impact their lives, including decreasing their quality of life.
Damages Available for a Miami Left-Turn Accident Claim
Examples of the damages you could receive include:
- Loss of benefits and income if you cannot work
- Past and future medical bills and expenses
- Long-term nursing or personal care
- Disabilities, impairments, and disfigurement
- Future lost wages and/or a decrease in earning potential
- Mental anguish, emotional distress, and pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of life
Determining how much your left-turn accident claim is worth depends on the facts of your case. Our legal team works with you to document your damages. In addition, we may retain medical and financial experts to assist in estimating the extent of your losses.
Schedule a Free Consultation With Our Auto Accident Lawyers in Miami for Help With Your Left-Turn Accident
It is unfair that you are suffering because a driver caused a left-turn accident. At Shaked Law Personal Injury Lawyers, we are dedicated advocates for accident victims in Florida. Call now for your free consultation with one of our Miami car accident attorneys.
Other Common Miami Car Accident Claims We Handle
Our law firm handles all types of car accident claims involving:
- Defective tire accidents
- Highway crashes
- Hit-and-run accidents
- I-95 accidents
- Multi-vehicle car crashes
- Rear-end accidents
- Rollover accidents
- Self-driving accidents
- Single vehicle accidents
- SUV rollover accidents
- Uninsured motorists claims
Additional Car Accident Resources
- Car Color & Crash Risk
- Car Inspection Laws in Florida
- Florida Child Car Seat Laws
- How To Obtain an Accident Report in Miami, FL
- Miami Car Accident Liability
- Miami Car Accident Statistics
- Miami, FL Car Accident FAQs
- Most Dangerous Roads Intersections in Miami, FL
- Passenger Negligence
- Questions To Ask a Lawyer After a Miami Car Accident
- Road Defects in Miami, FL
- What To Do After a Car Accident in Miami, Florida
- What to Do When Injured in a Car Accident in Miami, FL
Car Accident FAQs
- Can I Be Compensated for Pre-Existing Conditions After a Car Accident in Miami?
- Can I Recover Compensation After a Miami Car Accident Without a Lawyer?
- Do I Need a Lawyer After a Hit and Run Accident in Miami?
- How Long Will My Car Accident Case Take to Settle in Miami, FL?
- Is It a Mistake to Admit Fault After a Car Accident in Miami, FL?
- Left-Turn Collision: Who Is At Fault?
- What if the Other Driver Doesn’t Have Insurance?
- What Should I Do If My Child Was Hurt in a Miami Car Accident?