Have you sustained injuries in a lane change crash in Miami, Florida? If so, our Miami lane change crash lawyers at Shaked Law Personal Injury Lawyers can help you pursue compensation from those responsible. You deserve a financial award to assist you in recovering from your injuries.
Give us a call at (305) 937-0191 or contact our Miami, Florida personal injury law firm to share the details of your accident. Your first consultation is free, and we don’t charge attorney fees unless we win your case. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain by contacting our Miami car accident lawyers at Shaked Law Personal Injury Lawyers.
Table of Contents
How Can Shaked Law Personal Injury Lawyers Help if You Were Injured in a Lane Change Crash in Miami, FL?
At Shaked Law Personal Injury Lawyers, our clients are like family to us, and we fight for them just as we would for our own family.
With over a century of combined legal experience, we know the ins and outs of personal injury law. We’re always prepared, and we know how to fight against aggressive insurance companies.
We’ve fought for countless injury victims and won hundreds of millions of dollars on their behalf. You can expect us to be just as tenacious in fighting your case.
When you hire Shaked Law Personal Injury Lawyers, you’ll be getting:
- Top-notch, highly experienced lawyers known for winning
- Staff that speaks English, Spanish, and Hebrew
- 24/7/365 availability
- A trusted, well-respected law firm that serves clients with honor and integrity
Our Miami car accident lawyers know you’re going through a lot right now, and it’s probably keeping you up at night. That’s why it’s important to us to treat you with dignity and sensitivity as we proceed with your case.
Our attorneys are highly skilled and have successfully handled various personal injury cases such as car accidents, motorcycle accidents, truck accidents, and more. You’re in capable hands with Shaked Law Personal Injury Lawyers. Contact us today for a free consultation with a Miami-Dade County lane change crash attorney.
What Causes Most Lane Change Crashes?
Several scenarios could result in a lane change crash. However, car accident statistics show that there are seven situations in particular that have been responsible for approximately 88% of all lane change crashes.
These scenarios include:
- Common Lane Change: Cars traveling alongside each other; one car recklessly changes into the other’s lane.
- Intersection/Junction Turns: parallel cars; one car turns, crossing into the path of the oncoming car.
- Drifting/Veering: Vehicles traveling next to each other; one veers into another’s lane.
- Turning and Passing: Cars moving in parallel; one turning and one passing at a junction. This does not include u-turn crashes or left-turn accidents.
- Passing: One car moves into another lane, trying to pass the car in front.
- Pulling out of a Parallel Parking Spot: A car unparks and attempts to merge into traffic but is sideswiped by another vehicle.
- Merging: Vehicle crashes into another as it tries to merge into highway traffic.
- Distracted driving
- Not properly checking blind spots and mirrors prior to the lane change
- Fatigue and lack of focus
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Low visibility
- Slippery or icy road conditions
- Road defects or dangerous roads and intersections.
- Passenger negligence
- Highway crashes
All of these factors can contribute to lane change accidents. This is all the more reason to avoid unnecessary lane changes.
No matter the scenario, lane change crashes can be scary. When you’re driving and another car starts drifting into your lane while you lay on the horn, it can be a frightening and traumatic moment.
At Shaked Law Personal Injury Lawyers, we understand this because we’ve seen the impact such accidents have had on our clients. You’re not alone. Our Miami, FL law firm is on your side. Call our offices today to discuss your case.
How Long Do You Have To File a Lane Change Accident Claim in Florida?
This limit is called the statute of limitations and exists to ensure that evidence doesn’t get too old, and witness recollections remain fresh.
Historically, Florida’s statute of limitations gave you four years to file a personal injury lawsuit. However, the law was changed on March 24, 2023. Therefore, if your Miami lane change crash occurred after that date, you’ll need to file a lawsuit within two years.
Two years may seem like a long time, but keep in mind that it takes time to build a case. The stronger your case, the more likely the insurance company will see how valid your claim is and want to settle rather than risk going to court.
The statute of limitations may be shorter or longer in some situations, so it’s best to consult an experienced attorney to ensure you don’t miss the filing deadline. Contact our personal injury attorneys at Shaked Law Personal Injury Lawyers after your accident so we can get started right away.
Contact a Car Wreck Lawyer in Miami, FL for a Free Consultation
If you were injured in a car accident caused by a lane change, Shaked Law Personal Injury Lawyers will do everything possible to get you full compensation so that you can heal and begin getting your life back.
Call today to arrange a free consultation to discuss your case with our personal injury team.
Other Common Miami Car Accident Claims We Handle
Our law firm handles all types of car accident claims involving:
- Airbag injuries
- Chest injuries
- Defective tire accidents
- Head-on crashes
- Hit-and-run accidents
- I-95 accidents
- Multi-vehicle car crashes
- Rear-end accidents
- Red and yellow light accidents
- Rollover accidents
- Seatbelt Injuries
- Self-driving accidents
- Single vehicle accidents
- SUV rollover accidents
- Uninsured motorists claims
Additional Miami Car Accident Resources
- Car Color & Crash Risk
- Car Inspection Laws in Florida
- Five Things to Know About Car Accident Settlement Agreements
- Florida Child Car Seat Laws
- How To Obtain an Accident Report in Miami, FL
- Miami Car Accident Liability
- Miami, FL Car Accident FAQs
- Passenger Negligence
- What To Do After a Car Accident in Miami, Florida
Car Accident FAQs
- Can I Be Compensated for Pre-Existing Conditions After a Car Accident in Miami?
- Can I Recover Compensation After a Miami Car Accident Without a Lawyer?
- Can I Be Reimbursed For Lost Wages After a Car Accident in Miami, FL?
- Do I Need a Lawyer After a Hit and Run Accident in Miami?
- How Does Car Insurance Work in Florida?
- How Long Will My Car Accident Case Take to Settle in Miami, FL?
- Is It a Mistake to Admit Fault After a Car Accident in Miami, FL?
- Left-Turn Collision: Who Is At Fault?
- What if the Other Driver Doesn’t Have Insurance?
- What Should I Do If My Child Was Hurt in a Miami Car Accident?
- Who Will Pay My Medical Bills After a Car Accident in Miami, FL?