After a car accident in Miami, Florida, you could be too injured to work. This puts you in a difficult position. You need medical treatment to heal enough to earn a paycheck. But without a paycheck, you cannot get the medical treatment you need.
Some injured people try to handle their claims on their own. But most crash victims hire a lawyer to handle their injury claims. Hiring a lawyer often leads to greater compensation and quicker resolution of the case. Contact Shaked Law Personal Injury Lawyers for a free consultation by calling (305) 937-0191.
Table of Contents
How Shaked Law Personal Injury Lawyers Can Assist After an Auto Accident in Miami
Shaked Law Personal Injury Lawyers was established in 2007 by an experienced Miami car accident attorney who is board certified in trial law. Over the past 15 years, the firm has grown by adding even more seasoned litigators. Together, the firm’s attorneys have over 100 years of legal experience.
Shaked Law Personal Injury Lawyers has recovered more than $100 million dollars in injury compensation for its clients. Some notable case outcomes include:
- $2 million truck accident settlement for a driver who suffered head trauma and a brain injury
- $1 million car accident settlement from a construction company whose unsecured load struck a driver
- $600,000 car accident settlement for a rear-end crash that herniated a disc in the driver’s back
Our Miami car accident attorneys can help you by:
- Investigating and evaluating your car accident, with the aid of expert analysis when applicable
- Filing a claim and negotiating a sufficient settlement on your behalf
- If the other party refuses to settle, bringing your auto accident case to court if necessary
Insurers fight against most claims, including legitimate ones. To discuss how an experienced lawyer can battle an insurance company on your behalf, contact Shaked Law Personal Injury Lawyers for a free consultation.
How Often Do Car Accidents Occur in Miami-Dade County?
According to the statistics of the Florida Crash Dashboard, Miami-Dade County had 18,411 traffic accidents that caused at least one injury or death in 2022. These accidents killed or injured 26,911 people.
According to insurance industry statistics, 53% of Florida car accident victims hire a lawyer. In 2022, approximately 13,120 injured Floridians hired a car accident lawyer to help them with a car crash claim.
Overview of What a Miami Car Accident Lawyer Does
Lawyers play many roles for their clients, including:
- Counselor and advisor
But no-fault benefits are limited. If you suffer a significant, permanent injury, you can pursue a claim against the at-fault driver and their insurer. To prevail in a claim, you must prove the other driver was negligent.
During this claim process, an injury lawyer can:
Analyze the Merits and Value of Miami Injury Claims
Car accident lawyers focus on tort law. This area of the law defines the legal duties of businesses and individuals to avoid harming others. When you get injured in a car accident, tort law determines whether you have a right to injury compensation.
If you are entitled to injury compensation, the amount you can claim will depend on your losses. A car accident lawyer will review your economic and non-economic losses to determine the value of your case. This number will help your lawyer know when you have received a fair settlement offer from the insurance company.
Gather Evidence and File an Insurance Claim
You must have evidence to prove negligence and support the value of the losses you claim. The evidence you use in your case might include:
- Financial records
- Accident reports
- Medical records
- Expert opinions
A car accident lawyer will gather this evidence to tell your story to a claims adjuster or a jury.
Respond to Any Claim Denials and Negotiate with Adjusters
After you file your claim with the at-fault driver’s insurance company, your car accident attorney will work with the claims adjuster to try to settle your case. The lawyer will respond to any claim denials with evidence and legal arguments. They can also negotiate with the claims adjuster to try to get a fair settlement based on your injuries.
File a Miami Lawsuit
If the insurer refuses to settle your case on fair terms, your lawyer can prepare and file a lawsuit. A lawsuit preserves your legal right to seek compensation. It also places pressure on the insurer to either settle or face a jury.
Present Your Case to a Jury
Most cases settle before reaching trial. But if your case does not settle, your lawyer will present evidence, including witnesses, to a jury in a court of law. The car accident lawyer will advocate on your behalf for a fair award for damages against the at-fault driver and their insurer.
Schedule a Free Consultation With Our Miami, FL Auto Accident Lawyers
Florida has a complex system for car accident injury claims. Contact Shaked Law Personal Injury Lawyers for a free consultation to discuss your options for seeking compensation for your injuries. Our Miami car accident attorneys work on contingency, so it doesn’t cost you a cent upfront to hire us – and we only collect attorney’s fees if we settle or win your case.
Common Miami Car Accident Claims We Handle
Our law firm handles all types of car accident claims involving:
- Airbag injuries
- Chest injuries
- Distracted driving
- Defective tire accidents
- Drunk driving
- Head-on crashes
- Highway crashes
- Hit-and-run accidents
- I-95 accidents
- Intersection crashes
- Lane change accidents
- Left-turn crashes
- Multi-vehicle car crashes
- Parking lot accidents
- Red and yellow light accidents
- Rollover accidents
- Seatbelt Injuries
- Self-driving accidents
- Single vehicle accidents
- Speeding accidents
- SUV rollover accidents
- U-turn accidents
- Uninsured motorists claims
Additional Car Accident Resources
- Car Color & Crash Risk
- Car Inspection Laws in Florida
- Common Car Accident Scenarios in Miami: Causes & Determining Fault
- Florida Child Car Seat Laws
- Miami Car Accident Liability
- Miami, FL Car Accident FAQs
- Most Dangerous Roads Intersections in Miami, FL
- Passenger Negligence
- Road Defects in Miami, FL
- What To Do After a Car Accident in Miami, Florida
Car Accident FAQs
- Can I Be Compensated for Pre-Existing Conditions After a Car Accident in Miami?
- Can I Recover Compensation After a Miami Car Accident Without a Lawyer?
- Can I Be Reimbursed For Lost Wages After a Car Accident in Miami, FL?
- Do I Have To Go To Court After a Car Accident in Miami, FL?
- Do I Need a Lawyer After a Hit and Run Accident in Miami?
- Is It a Mistake to Admit Fault After a Car Accident in Miami, FL?
- Left-Turn Collision: Who Is At Fault?
- What if the Other Driver Doesn’t Have Insurance?
- What Should I Do If My Child Was Hurt in a Miami Car Accident?
- Who Will Pay My Medical Bills After a Car Accident in Miami, FL?