I-95 is one of the busiest roads in Florida and runs straight through the city of Miami, Florida. This huge highway runs all the way from Maine to Florida. Every year, there are approximately 2,000 I-95 crashes that occur in Miami.
If you or a loved one was injured in a car accident on I-95, you may be entitled to compensation for the injuries you sustained. The experienced Miami car accident lawyers at Shaked Law Personal Injury Lawyers can help you fight for the compensation you deserve. Call our law office today at (305) 937-0191 for a free case review.
Table of Contents
How Our Miami Car Accident Lawyers Can Help After an I-95 Crash
For over 15 years, Shaked Law Personal Injury Lawyers has fought to recover millions of dollars in compensation for our deserving clients. Our zealous legal representation has been noticed by members of the legal community and our clients alike.
We have received recognition as American Trial Lawyers Association Top 100 Trial Lawyers and Avvo Top Attorneys. We have also been awarded Avvo’s Clients’ Choice Award. We have a diverse team who speaks multiple languages, including English, Spanish, and Hebrew.
Our Miami car accident attorneys know that high-speed crashes often result in debilitating injuries and death.
- Protect your interests from manipulative insurance companies
- Establish that you meet Florida’s serious injury threshold
- Determine all parties who contributed to your accident
- Gather evidence to demonstrate the full extent of your damages
- Negotiate aggressively for fair compensation
With over 100 years of combined experience in personal injury law, our team is ready to help you with your case. Contact our Miami, FL law firm today for a free case assessment.
Car Accident Statistics for I-95 Crashes in Florida
Statistics from the Florida Department of Transportation report that the number of I-95 crashes has steadily increased over the last several years and now pushes to more than 2,000 each year. The increase in crashes coincides with the construction of express lanes, which were installed to help deal with some of the congestion around the city.
However, the roads have not been able to change drivers’ aggressive driving behaviors or reduce the illegal act of switching between express and general lanes.
Most I-95 crashes occur between 10 p.m. and 6. a.m. Rush hours tend to also increase the number of collisions on this busy roadway, with more morning crashes occurring on southbound lanes and more evening a ccidents occurring on northbound lanes.
What Are Some Common I-95 Crash Injuries?
Many crashes on I-95 occur when drivers are traveling at high speeds. Such accidents tend to result in more serious injuries and fatalities because of the extra level of force involved in the collision.
Common injuries sustained in Interstate-95 collisions may include:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Chest injuries
- Internal organ damage
- Complex fractures
- Wrongful death
What Compensation Can You Seek Following an I-95 Car Accident in Miami, FL?
If you were hurt in a car crash on I-95, you may be entitled to compensation for the losses you suffered, which might include:
- Hospital bills
- Surgery expenses
- Other medical expenses already incurred and that you anticipate incurring in the future
- Lost income
- Lost earning capacity
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Disfigurement and scarring
A Miami personal injury lawyer can review the circumstances of your case and determine its potential value.
What Is Florida’s Statute of Limitations for Car Accident Claims?
The statute of limitations is the time limit that a party has to take certain legal action. For most Florida personal injury cases, you have two years to file a lawsuit against the at-fault party. If this deadline passes without you filing a lawsuit, the court can dismiss your case, and you can lose the chance to hold the at-fault party financially responsible for the damages you suffered.
Note that historically, the Florida statute of limitations for negligence-based cases was four years. However, the law was revised on March 24, 2023. If your I-95 crash occurred after that date, you’ll be subject to the shorter two-year deadline.
Additionally, you may be required to file an insurance claim with your own insurance company because of Florida’s no-fault insurance system. If you fail to notify the insurance company of the accident, your claim could be denied.
Contact Our Car Accident Lawyers in Miami, Florida for Help After an I-95 Accident
The aftermath of an I-95 car crash in Miami, FL can be terrifying. At Shaked Law Personal Injury Lawyers, we are here to help guide you through the legal process. We understand car accidents can have a physical, emotional, and financial toll on injury victims and their families.
Contact our law office today to schedule your free case review. Our Miami personal injury attorneys can review your case, explain your legal rights and discuss options, and give you a better idea of the path forward.
Other Common Miami Car Accident Claims We Handle
- Airbag injuries
- Distracted driving
- Defective tire accidents
- Drunk driving
- Head-on crashes
- Highway crashes
- Hit-and-run accidents
- Intersection crashes
- Left-turn crashes
- Multi-vehicle car crashes
- Parking lot accidents
- Red and yellow light accidents
- Rollover accidents
- Seatbelt Injuries
- Self-driving accidents
- Single vehicle accidents
- SUV rollover accidents
- U-turn accidents
- Uninsured motorists claims
Additional Car Accident Resources
- Car Color & Crash Risk
- Car Inspection Laws in Florida
- Five Things to Know About Car Accident Settlement Agreements
- Florida Child Car Seat Laws
- How To Obtain an Accident Report in Miami, FL
- Miami Car Accident Liability
- Miami, FL Car Accident FAQs
- Most Dangerous Roads Intersections in Miami, FL
- Passenger Negligence
- Road Defects in Miami, FL
- What To Do After a Car Accident in Miami, Florida
Car Accident FAQs
- Can I Be Compensated for Pre-Existing Conditions After a Car Accident in Miami?
- Can I Recover Compensation After a Miami Car Accident Without a Lawyer?
- Do I Need a Lawyer After a Hit and Run Accident in Miami?
- How Does Car Insurance Work in Florida?
- How Long Will My Car Accident Case Take to Settle in Miami, FL?
- Is It a Mistake to Admit Fault After a Car Accident in Miami, FL?
- Left-Turn Collision: Who Is At Fault?
- What if the Other Driver Doesn’t Have Insurance?
- What Should I Do If My Child Was Hurt in a Miami Car Accident?