Have you been injured in a lost load truck accident in Miami, Florida? The consequences – and costs – can be severe. You deserve to be compensated for your injuries, and Shaked Law Personal Injury Lawyers can help.
Our Miami truck crash attorneys have more than a century of combined experience. We’ve helped injury victims and families in South Florida win hundreds of millions in life-changing compensation. Let our award-winning team stand up to negligent truckers, trucking companies, and insurance carriers on your behalf. We’ll fight to make sure that you get every cent you deserve.
Table of Contents
How Our Miami Truck Accident Attorneys Can Help After a Lost Load Wreck
It’s up to the truck drivers and freight companies to make sure that big rigs are loaded properly. When there’s a lost load truck accident, those responsible must be held to account.
At Shaked Law Personal Injury Lawyers, we understand that you weren’t in control during your lost load trucking accident. The road was suddenly undrivable and filled with hazards. Cargo from the truck may have been hurled right in your direction and even struck your vehicle.
Our Miami truck accident lawyers will help you fight to get the financial accountability you deserve.
While you focus on getting better and recovering from physical wounds and the trauma of your truck accident, we will:
- Determine whether the truck’s cargo was unsecured, overloaded, or otherwise negligently secured to the vehicle
- Gather evidence, including DAC reports, vehicle maintenance records, videos and photographs of the unsecured cargo, witness statements, and more
- Build a claim demonstrating that your injuries are a direct consequence of the improperly loaded cargo
- Identify those parties who share financial responsibility for your medical bills, lost wages, and other damages
- Defend you against efforts to say that you’re partly to blame for your Miami commercial truck accident
- Negotiate with the trucking company and its insurance company to get you the best possible deal in a settlement
- Litigate your case before a jury in Miami-Dade County if you’re offered anything less than a fair settlement
Our Miami personal injury lawyers are here to help you get the best possible results in your truck accident case. We’re here to make a difference and help you move forward. Get in touch with our compassionate legal team to arrange a time for a free consultation. We’re always standing by to take your call, so contact us today.
What is a Lost Load Truck Accident?
Large commercial trucks play an instrumental role in our economy. They haul materials, goods, food, oil, and more across the nation, making it possible for us to enjoy our lives. When you’re traveling down the road, you trust that a truck’s cargo is secured properly in or on the vehicle.
However, sometimes cargo is unbalanced, overloaded, or simply unsecured. In those situations, the cargo or loads can fall off of the vehicle. This is known as a lost load. When the lost cargo is no longer on the truck, it can trigger a chain reaction and put lives at risk.
Lost cargo can:
- Block the road and create a hazard for other motorists behind the truck
- Fly into vehicles following the semi truck or tractor-trailer
- Cause the truck to become unbalanced and difficult to maneuver.
Lost load accidents typically happen on highways and interstates at high speeds. Motorists following behind trucks often don’t have enough time to react and brake before hitting the cargo in the roadway. When unsecured load truck accidents happen, they can be catastrophic.
What Causes Lost Load Truck Accidents in Miami, FL?
Cargo and loads must be properly secured before a truck can begin transporting them in and through Miami. Unfortunately, sometimes drivers are in a hurry or are using equipment that’s unsafe.
Some common causes of load loads include:
- Ensuring the commercial truck doesn’t exceed Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR)
- Inspecting the vehicle before and after cargo is loaded
- Failure to use tiedown straps and other devices properly
- Defective or malfunctioning tiedown straps or mechanisms
- Failure to pressurize liquid cargo
- Choosing the wrong method to secure cargo
- Failure to properly close and/or lock the tractor’s trailer door
- Using the wrong truck to transport cargo
- Violating Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) regulations
Large trucks can also lose their cargo loads when they’re driven too fast or if a driver makes sharp, sudden turns or stops. Truck drivers must remain alert and aware when hauling cargo. Any negligent actions behind the wheel can cause cargo to shift and potentially become loose.
Schedule a Free Consultation to Discuss Your Miami Lost Load Truck Accident
A collision caused by a lost truck load can be devastating. Victims can sustain catastrophic injuries or die in these types of truck accidents. Shaked Law Personal Injury Lawyers is here to help you and your family if you’ve been hurt.
Since 2007, our Miami truck accident attorneys have been dedicated to giving truck accident victims like you a voice. We’ve won hundreds of millions for our clients. Let us stand up and fight to get you the money you deserve after your lost load truck wreck.
Our law firm is ready to take your call, so contact us to schedule your free consultation now.