Commercial truck accidents in Miami, Florida, are all too common. Anyone who travels through or around the Miami-Dade area understands the devastation and destruction caused by semi-truck crashes, especially jackknifes. Tragically, occupants of passenger vehicles have the highest risk of being injured or killed in large truck crashes.
The Miami truck accident lawyers of the Shaked Law Personal Injury Lawyers have recovered millions of dollars for accident victims. Our legal team has more than a century of combined legal experience handling personal injury cases.
If you were injured in a large truck accident, contact our law firm to discuss your case with one of our experienced Miami jackknife accident lawyers. Let us help you get the compensation you deserve, call us at (305) 937-0191.
How Our Miami Truck Accident Lawyers Can Help You After a Jackknife Crash
An accident involving a jackknifed truck differs from an accident involving passenger vehicles. Many commercial truck accidents involve multiple vehicles, government agencies, massive insurance providers, and large corporate trucking companies.
These parties do not have your best interest as their priority. They will do everything they can to avoid paying you. However, our Miami truck accident attorneys always put your best interests first when seeking compensation for your injuries and damages.
When you hire the Shaked Law Personal Injury Lawyers to handle your case, you can expect us to:
- Conduct an independent accident investigation using our own investigators and experts
- Monitor the truck accident investigation by the insurance provider, government agencies, and law enforcement offices
- Search for video of the truck crash from traffic cameras and surveillance cameras
- Work with you, your physicians, medical experts, and financial professionals to document the extent of your injuries and calculate the value of damages
- Monitor filing deadlines and manage insurance claims
- Handle all communication with the parties involved in the accident case
Contact our office to schedule a free case review with one of our Miami truck accident attorneys. Learn more about how we can help you after a jackknife truck accident in Miami, Florida.
What is a Jackknife Truck Accident?
When a jackknife accident occurs, a semi-truck trailer swings and forms a 90-degree angle with the tractor. The truck takes on a “V” shape, similar to a jackknife when you close the blade.
Jackknife truck accidents can be extremely dangerous. In many cases, the truck sweeps several cars into the “V” section as it slides down the highway and folds in on itself. In addition, other vehicles may collide with the truck because they cannot stop in time to avoid the collision.
Jackknife truck accidents may also result in a rollover accident, which could crush passenger vehicles and benefit the tractor and trailer.
What Causes Jackknife Truck Accidents in Miami, FL?
Many factors could contribute to the cause of a jackknife accident. Negligence is often at the root cause of many commercial truck accidents. Common factors that cause jackknife truck crashes include, but are not limited to:
- Going too fast around a curve
- Traveling at high rates of speed
- Sudden braking
- Overloaded and incorrectly secured cargo
- Defective truck parts and systems
- Actions by other motorists
- Negligence and driver error, including impaired driving, drowsy driving, and distracted driving
- Improper lane changes, failure to yield the right of way, and other traffic infractions
Weather and road conditions can also contribute to the cause of a truck crash. However, the ultimate responsibility for controlling the truck lies with the truck driver.
Other parties that could share liability for damages caused by a truck accident include:
- The trucking company
- Commercial truck drivers
- Parts and truck manufacturers
- Road construction companies
- Other motorists
- State and federal agencies (defectively designed or poorly maintained roads)
- Maintenance and repair facilities
- Shippers and loaders
Identifying all parties liable for your claim is crucial. Pursuing all parties responsible for the jackknife accident increases the chance you receive full compensation for all damages.
Injuries and Damages Caused by Jackknife Truck Accidents
The injuries from a truck accident can be catastrophic. Many accident victims sustain brain damage, spinal cord injuries, amputations, internal organ damage, and other permanent impairments and disabilities.
The types of damages in a commercial truck accident case may include economic and non-economic damages such as:
- Permanent disabilities, impairments, scarring, and disfigurement
- Physical pain and suffering
- Loss of income and benefits
- Medical bills and expenses, including ongoing medical care
- Nursing care and long-term personal care
- Mental anguish and emotional distress
- Future lost wages and reductions in earning potential
- Reduction in the quality of life and enjoyment of life
If a person dies in a jackknife truck accident, the family may receive wrongful death benefits. Working with an experienced Miami truck accident attorney means that you will have the support, resources, legal advice, and guidance you need as you fight to get justice for a tragic accident.
Schedule a Free Consultation With Our Miami, FL Truck Accident Lawyer
Trucking companies and insurance providers have endless resources to fight injury claims. You can even the score by putting our Miami jackknife accident lawyers on your case.
Reach out to our office online or call now to schedule a free consultation with a personal injury attorney in Miami, FL.