Aventura Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Have you been injured or lost a family member in a motorcycle accident in Aventura, Florida? You may be entitled to compensation. An experienced Aventura motorcycle accident lawyer at Shaked Law Personal Injury Lawyers can help you fight to recover compensation for your medical expenses, lost wages, and your pain and suffering.
With over 100 years of combined experience, you can count on our lawyers to fight for the maximum compensation you deserve. We’ve recovered hundreds of millions of dollars for injury victims in South Florida since we started our legal practice.
Table of Contents
How Shaked Law Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help After a Motorcycle Accident in Aventura
Motorcycle accidents can be catastrophic or fatal. Even in less severe cases, it can take months to get back on your feet again. In the meantime, your medical bills will start to pile up–and you might not be able to work or earn a living. Filing a personal injury claim can help ease the financial stress.
Unfortunately, insurance companies often blame motorcyclists for causing accidents. They’ll go to great lengths to reduce your settlement or scare you into backing down. It’s important to have an experienced Aventura personal injury attorney on your case.
At Shaked Law Personal Injury Lawyers, our team includes board-certified civil trial lawyers, Super Lawyers, and members of the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum.
When you hire our legal team, we can:
- Thoroughly investigate to determine the cause of the crash
- Locate all responsible parties and insurance coverage
- Find evidence to support your case
- Protect you from allegations that you caused the accident
- Consult with top experts as we assess your case value
- Negotiate with the insurance company for maximum compensation
- Go to trial if a fair settlement isn’t reached
Our Aventura personal injury attorneys know the challenges you’re facing if you were injured in a motorcycle accident. Our client reviews speak for themselves, so give us a call today.
How Common Are Motorcycle Accidents in Aventura, FL?
Florida is one of the most popular locations in the U.S. for motorcycles. Over 620,000 motorcycles are registered statewide. It’s no surprise, given that riders can enjoy year-round warm weather and beautiful ocean views. Unfortunately, the roads aren’t always safe for motorcycle riders.
In 2022, 9,120 motorcycle crashes were reported across the State of Florida. At least 581 people lost their lives in fatal motorcycle accidents that year. A total of 1,197 motorcycle wrecks happened in Miami-Dade County, where at least 44 motorcyclists were killed in 2022.
What Is My Aventura Motorcycle Crash Case Worth?
Motorcycle accident victims often begin by dealing with the insurance company on their own. That can be a mistake for many different reasons.
As the victim, you might not understand how much your case is worth. Insurance adjusters often offer fast settlements that can offer immediate financial relief. Unfortunately, these settlement deals often fail to account for your future costs and non-financial losses. Before accepting, it’s always smart to speak to an experienced attorney who can help you understand how much your case is really worth.
Your case value is based on much more than your current financial expenses.
Some relevant factors include:
- The severity of your injuries
- The amount of time you’ll miss at work
- The money you lost while you were unable to work during recovery
- How the injury impacts your future, considering your earnings, education, and lifestyle
- The physical and emotional pain you have suffered and will continue to suffer
Your case value can also be impacted by whether you share any blame for the accident.
An experienced lawyer can assess your case value so that you don’t risk leaving money on the table. To learn more about how much you really deserve, call Shaked Law Personal Injury Lawyers for a free case review today.
What Kinds of Damages Are Available to Victims of Motorcycle Accidents?
You have the right to seek damages from the person who caused your accident. These damages are classified as economic or non-economic.
Economic damages cover the financial costs you have incurred due to the accident, including:
- Past and future medical bills
- Lost wages
- Reduced earning potential
- Physical therapy
- Property damage
- Out-of-pocket expenses
Non-economic damages compensate for various types of physical and emotional suffering, including:
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Anxiety and depression
- Diminished quality of life
- Permanent physical disfigurement and scarring
- Loss of consortium
These damages are designed to make you whole again. Of course, money cannot restore your health. That doesn’t make recovering fair compensation any less important. Fair financial compensation can help you get the quality medical treatment you deserve and protect your family’s future financial security.
When you’re ready to learn more about how a lawyer can help you fight for the full compensation you deserve, call our team for a free case evaluation.
Can I Recover Compensation If I’m Being Blamed for a Motorcycle Accident in Florida?
If you share any blame for a motorcycle wreck, your compensation will be reduced to account for your percentage of fault. That said, you won’t lose your right to compensation entirely under the modified comparative fault laws in Florida unless you were over 50% responsible for the crash.
Motorcyclists are often blamed for their own injuries or for failing to wear a helmet. Insurance companies use these tactics to scare you into backing down. Even if you weren’t wearing a helmet, you may still be entitled to compensation if someone else caused the accident.
Our lawyers can help you understand your legal rights. Before giving up, call our law firm to schedule a free initial consultation.
Motorcycle Accident Victims Often Suffer Life-Changing Injuries
The injuries you sustain in a motorcycle accident can fundamentally change your life.
At Shaked Law Personal Injury Lawyers, we often represent crash victims who have suffered:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Road rash
- Severe burns
- Broken bones
- Neck injuries
- Soft tissue damage
- Spinal cord injuries
- Chest injuries
- Back injuries
- Internal bleeding and organ damage
- Crushing injuries
- Catastrophic injuries
When motorcycle accidents in Florida are fatal, surviving family members can also take legal action and sue for wrongful death. Our lawyers are here to help in any way we can. Call for your free case evaluation today.
What Commonly Causes Motorcycle Accidents in Aventura, Florida?
Motorcycle accidents commonly occur because drivers don’t see the smaller motorcycle. Still, these drivers have an obligation to pay attention to prevent accidents involving motorcycles.
Motorcycle accidents happen for all different reasons, but some of the most common include:
- Distracted driving
- Failure to yield the right-of-way
- Weaving between lanes
- Aggressive driving
- Failing to pay attention when turning
- Running a red light or stop sign
- Drunk driving
- Driving under the influence of drugs
- Vehicle defects
More than one factor can play a role in causing an accident. As such, multiple parties may be legally liable for paying your damages. When you’re injured, it can be difficult to know who is ultimately responsible for covering your losses.
How Do I Prove I Deserve To Recover Damages After a Motorcycle Accident in Florida?
As the victim, you must prove that someone else’s careless, reckless, or wrongful acts caused your accident and injuries. Most often, that means you must prove that someone else was negligent.
The four elements of negligence are:
- A duty of care: the at-fault party owed you a legal duty to act cautiously to prevent injuries
- A breach of duty: the defendant made some sort of mistake and violated the duty of care
- Causation: the breach of duty directly caused your accident
- Damages: the losses you suffered as a result
These elements will typically be established by the evidence your lawyer gathers. When our lawyers investigate an accident, we search for all available evidence, including:
- Eyewitnesses who can testify about what happened
- Video footage from traffic cameras or dash cameras
- Police and accident reports
- Drug or alcohol test results
- Photos of the crash scene
- Medical records
- Opinions from accident reconstruction specialists in especially complex cases
Our lawyers conduct our own investigation so that we can fully understand what happened. That way, we can be confident that we’re holding all responsible parties accountable for your losses.
Do you need help proving your case? Call our Aventura motorcycle accident attorneys for a 100% free case review today.
How Long Do I Have To File a Lawsuit After a Motorcycle Crash in Florida?
The statute of limitations in Florida is two years. After an accident, you have two years to file a personal injury lawsuit. If you wait longer than two years, you will be unable to sue the responsible parties for damages.
Historically, Florida’s statute of limitations gave most accident victims four years to file a lawsuit. However, the law was changed on March 24, 2023. If your Aventura motorcycle crash occurred after that date, you are subject to the two-year deadline.
Contact an Aventura Motorcycle Accident Lawyer for a Free Consultation
Time is always important after an accident. Evidence can disappear if you wait to investigate. While you’re recovering from your injuries, our team at Shaked Law Personal Injury Lawyers can begin collecting evidence and building your case. Just call for a free consultation with an Aventura motorcycle accident lawyer today.
Recent Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Blog Posts
- How Long Does a Motorcycle Accident Lawsuit Take in Florida?
- Motorcycle Riding Safety in Miami, FL: What You Need To Know
- What Is the Safest Type of Motorcycle in Miami, FL?
- How Do Motorcycle Crash Bars Work?
- Do I Need Florida Motorcycle Insurance?
Aventura Hospitals Near Us:
- HCA Florida Aventura Hospital – 20900 Biscayne Blvd, Aventura, FL 33180, United States
- Mount Sinai Medical Center Aventura – 2845 NE 199th St, Aventura, FL 33180, United States
- HCA Florida Aventura Hospital Emergency Room – Emergency, 20900 Biscayne Blvd, Miami, FL 33180, United States
*Disclaimer – we do not endorse these companies or profit from having them listed on our website.
Additional Aventura Motorcycle Accident Resources
- Common Road Dangers for Motorcyclists in Miami
- Helmet Laws in Miami
- How to Be a Safe Rider as a Motorcyclist in Miami, FL
Read more of our client reviews here.