If you were injured as a pedestrian in Aventura, Florida, you may be struggling with painful injuries. Our lawyers at Shaked Law Personal Injury Lawyers are here to help you hold the at-fault party accountable. An experienced Aventura pedestrian accident lawyer can help you fight to recover compensation for medical bills, lost wages, and your personal pain and suffering.
We’re one of the most experienced personal injury law firms in South Florida. Collectively, our lawyers have over 100 years of experience. We’ve helped injured clients like you recover hundreds of millions of dollars in compensation over the years.
Table of Contents
How Our Team at Shaked Law Personal Injury Lawyers Help After a Pedestrian Accident in Aventura
The time after an accident can be chaotic. You may have been rushed to the hospital with serious injuries. Insurance adjusters may already be asking you questions. You deserve to have an experienced Aventura personal injury lawyer to help with your accident claim.
At Shaked Law Personal Injury Lawyers, we have a proven track record of successfully handling complex claims in this area of the law.
For years, we’ve been recognized by Super Lawyers for our legal services. We’ve also earned a place on the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum and have been listed among the National Trial Lawyers Top 100 Trial Lawyers. Most importantly, our client reviews illustrate how satisfied our clients are with our legal advice.
When you hire us, we will:
- Investigate and gather evidence to prove your case
- Determine how much your case is worth
- Bring in experts as needed
- Limit the effectiveness of any allegations that you share blame
- Document your damages
- Negotiate with the insurance companies for a fair settlement
Accident victims who secure legal representation are much more likely to receive full compensation for their injuries. To learn more about how our Aventura personal injury attorneys can help with your case, call for a free case review today.
How Common Are Pedestrian Accidents in Florida?
In 2021, pedestrian deaths in the United States reached a 40-year high. According to a Governors Highway Safety Association report, drivers struck and killed 7,485 people that year.
Unfortunately, that trend has continued. Preliminary data for the first half of 2022 shows that pedestrian fatalities were up 5% when compared to the same period in 2021.
Florida is one of three states that accounted for 38% of all pedestrian deaths in the first half of 2022. Alarmingly, 443 pedestrians were killed in car accidents during 2022–up from 414 pedestrian fatalities in 2021.
What Is My Aventura Pedestrian Accident Case Worth?
Every personal injury claim is unique. Because pedestrians tend to suffer the most severe injuries in a crash, it’s important to have an experienced lawyer evaluate the value of your personal injury case before accepting an insurance settlement.
Some of the key factors that are relevant to your case value include:
- The severity of your injuries
- The cost of medical care, rehabilitation, and out-of-pocket expenses
- The wages you lose during recovery
- Whether your future work will be impacted
- The damage to your quality of life you have experienced
- The physical pain you have suffered
- Whether you share any blame for the accident
- The strength of the evidence available to prove fault
Often, our lawyers will bring in experts who can help calculate the full value of your case. Expert testimony can be particularly useful when it comes to getting the insurance company to take your case seriously.
What Types of Damages Are Available to Victims of Pedestrian Accidents?
Common examples of the damages you may be entitled to receive include:
- Medical bills
- Lost wages
- Future medical expenses
- Lost future earning capacity
- Physical therapy
- Nursing care
- Medications and medical devices
- In-home assistance
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Diminished quality of life
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Loss of consortium and other damages for wrongful death
Our lawyers in Aventura will do everything possible to recover the full compensation you deserve. Just give us a quick call to learn more about your legal options today.
What Happens to My Damages Award If I’m Being Blamed for a Pedestrian Accident in Florida?
Florida now follows a modified comparative negligence law. You cannot recover compensation if you were more than 50% responsible for the accident. If you were less than 51% to blame, your compensation is reduced in proportion to your percentage of fault.
Our experienced Avenutra pedestrian accident attorneys can represent your interest and work to ensure you aren’t assigned more blame than is fair.
We’ll Fight To Recover Compensation for All of Your Pedestrian Accident Injuries and Damages
When a pedestrian is hit by a car, they have nothing to protect them from serious injuries. Pedestrians often suffer multiple injuries because after the vehicle strikes them, they’re usually thrown onto the pavement for a second impact.
At Shaked Law Personal Injury Lawyers, we often represent injured pedestrians with:
- Broken bones
- Knee and shoulder injuries
- Head and neck injuries
- Soft tissue damage
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Back injuries
- Internal bleeding and organ damage
- Road rash
- Catastrophic injuries
Pedestrian accidents can be fatal, especially when high speeds are involved. If you lost a loved one in a fatal accident, our Aventura pedestrian accident attorneys can help you fight to recover compensation for wrongful death.
Pedestrian Accidents in Aventura Occur for Many Different Reasons
Some of the most common causes of pedestrian accidents in Aventura include:
- Distracted driving
- Failure to yield the right-of-way at intersections and crosswalks
- Lack of sidewalks and other dedicated infrastructure
- Driving too close to the shoulder or sidewalk
- Aggressive driving
- Dangerous or fast turns
- Running a red light or stop sign
- Drunk driving
- Driving under the influence of drugs
- Vehicle defects
- Poor visibility and other dangerous road conditions
- Malfunctioning traffic signals
- Poorly marked crosswalks
In short, most pedestrian accidents happen because of human error. When someone else makes a mistake and you’re injured because of it, you deserve to be compensated. To learn more about how our lawyers can help you maximize your compensation award, call for a free case review.
How Do I Prove Negligence If I Was Harmed in a Pedestrian Accident in Florida?
Negligence is the root cause of most accidents and injuries.
Someone is negligent if:
- They owed you a legal duty of care
- They breached their duty of care
- The breach of duty caused an accident
- The victim sustained damages
The evidence used to establish these elements can vary from case to case.
Some examples of the types of evidence your lawyers will search for include:
- Police and accident reports
- Video surveillance footage
- Information from your medical records
- Eyewitness testimony
- Photos of the accident scene
- Hard data from the crash scene, including skid marks, vehicle placement, and more
- Information about road conditions at the time of the crash
- Opinions from accident reconstruction specialists
It’s also possible that someone other than the at-fault driver may owe you compensation. Once our lawyers locate the strong evidence we need to establish negligence, we’ll also search for others who may be liable. For example, the employer of a negligent driver may be responsible for damages if the driver was working at the time of the crash.
Personal injury claims can quickly become complicated. Our lawyers are here to handle any challenges you may face while you focus on recovering. Just call Shaked Law Personal Injury Lawyers to get started today.
How Long Do I Have To File a Lawsuit After a Pedestrian Accident in Florida?
The deadline for filing a lawsuit is called the statute of limitations. Each state has its own deadline. Currently, one of two different deadlines may apply in the State of Florida. To ensure you meet the deadline, we highly recommend consulting an experienced lawyer soon after an accident.
If your injury occurred before March 24, 2023, you have four years from the date of the accident to file a personal injury lawsuit. If your injury occurred on March 24, 2023, or after, you have only two years from the date of the accident to take legal action.
Highly Rated Physical Therapy Clinics In Aventura
- Select Physical Therapy – Aventura -2999 NE 191st St Suite 230, Aventura, FL 33180, United States
- Force Physical Therapy – 21000 NE 28th Ave Suite 104, Miami, FL 33180, United States
- Beyond PT – 2801 NE 213th St Suite 809, Aventura, FL 33180, United States
- Complete Therapy USA – 2627 NE 203rd St, Aventura, FL 33180, United States
*Disclaimer – we do not endorse these companies or profit from having them listed on our website.
Contact an Aventura Pedestrian Accident Lawyer for a Free Initial Consultation Today
If you were recently injured walking down the street, an experienced Aventura pedestrian accident attorney can help. Contact our law firm for a free consultation today. Our legal team at Shaked Law Personal Injury Lawyers will do everything we can to recover the maximum compensation you deserve.