You may be entitled to compensation if you or a loved one has been injured in an accident in Miami, FL. In order to get the money you deserve, you’ll need an experienced Miami personal injury lawyer on your side. Call Shaked Law Personal Injury Lawyers at (305) 937-0191 to schedule a free consultation.
Our award-winning injury lawyers have a reputation for getting top results for accident victims. We’ve successfully won hundreds of millions of dollars in life-altering compensation for our clients.
Contact our Miami law offices to learn about how our legal team can help you. We work on a contingency fee basis – which means there’s no risk to ask for our help.
Miami Personal Injury Resources
- Why You Need Shaked Law Personal Injury Lawyers On Your Side After an Accident in Miami
- Do I Have a Personal Injury Case?
- Why Should I Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer?
- Common Types of Miami Personal Injury Cases
- How Much is My Miami Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- Why Should I File a Personal Injury Claim?
- What Compensation Can If I’ve Been Hurt in an Accident in Miami, Florida?
- What If I’m Partially At Fault For the Accident?
- How Much Does it Cost to Hire a Personal Injury Attorney?
- How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Lawsuit in Florida?
Why Choose Shaked Law Firm To Handle Your Miami Injury Claim?
Which law firm you hire will affect your case: particularly whether you win and how much money you’re ultimately awarded. You need a law firm that insurance companies and other adversaries respect.
You need a firm with a demonstrated ability to win – and win big – for its clients. Shaked Law Firm is that law firm.
- Our founding partner is double Board Certified in Civil Trial law – making him a bona fide expert in personal injury law
- We’ve won hundreds of millions of dollars for our clients – including several multi-million dollar settlements and verdicts
- Our lawyers have more than 165 years of combined experience between them
- We’re recognized as Top 100 Trial Lawyers and SuperLawyers
- Our clients and peers have helped us achieve a perfect “10” Avvo Rating
We know how tough life can be after an accident. We’re here to not only make things easier for you, but to make things right. Contact our compassionate Miami personal injury attorneys to set up a free consultation to discuss your case today. We’re always standing by to take your call – 24/7/365.
Do I Have a Personal Injury Case?
Your rights to a personal injury case or claim will typically depend on two things:
- Whether someone else’s negligence caused you harm; and
- Whether you suffered financial losses related to the accident.
If you suffered an injury but didn’t sustain financial losses, you likely do not have a personal injury case.
Likewise, if you only suffered minimal financial losses, your damages may not justify the costs of a lawsuit. On the other hand, if you incurred medical bills, lost wages, or other financial expenses due to your injuries, you might have a case.
The best way to know if you have a case is by calling our law firm. Schedule a free case assessment and have our team consider your story.
Our legal team will evaluate your situation and help you understand your rights. If you do have a case, we can discuss moving forward and fighting to get you the money you deserve.
Why Should I Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer?
- You’re More Likely to Win Your Case: Research shows that you’re more likely to win your case and recover more money when you hire a lawyer. According to the Insurance Research Council, individuals who hire a personal injury lawyer recover up to 3.5 times as much as accident victims who handle legal claims on their own.
- You’ll Level the Playing Field: A personal injury case often pits you against an insurance company for a negligent party. Insurance companies maximize their profits by denying and undervaluing claims. A lawyer can level the playing field and hold insurers accountable for all your losses, not just some of them.
- Benefit From Law Firm Resources and Experts: Some cases require the help of experts, such as accident reconstructionists, economic experts, and/or medical experts. Some experts testify about the causes of your injury. Other experts help calculate your damages. An attorney knows and can consult leading experts in South Florida to support your case.
- Insurance Companies Tend to Blame the Victim: Insurance Companies will often blame an injury victim for their accident. Under Florida’s comparative fault rules, they can pay less for your claim if they deflect blame to you. An attorney will challenge their attempts to blame you for your injuries to protect your right to full compensation.
- You Deserve the Opportunity to Focus On Getting Better: A case is filled with filing tasks, investigative work, and negotiation conversations. However, you need time to rest after your accident. An attorney can handle all the legal legwork required for your claim and get you the compensation you deserve after your accident.
Common Types of Miami Personal Injury Cases
At Shaked Law Firm, we’re advocates for injury victims and their family members.
Whether you’re submitting a claim with your insurance company or filing a lawsuit against a third party, getting compensation for car accident injuries can be an uphill battle.
Our car accident attorneys understand the challenges you’re most likely to face as you pursue compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, and suffering. When our law firm is on the other side of a case, insurance companies take notice. That’s because we don’t play the insurance company’s games and are motivated to win – and win big – for our clients.
Large trucks can do a lot of damage when they’re involved in collisions. Often, truck drivers and trucking companies are responsible for these devastating tractor-trailer wrecks. A prompt investigation, thorough analysis of relevant evidence, and consults with leading experts can make a world of difference in a truck accident victim’s pursuit of compensation.
That’s what our law firm sets out to do every time we represent victims and families in these types of challenging injury disputes.
Brain injuries are among the most devastating. They can cause excruciating pain and fundamentally change the way an individual has to live their life. As a result, the related costs can be quite high.
Our lawyers help brain injury victims seek and secure maximum compensation from those responsible for their trauma. We work closely with brain injury experts so that our clients can walk away with every dollar they need to get better.
We also represent clients throughout Southern Florida in cases, including:
- Motorcycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Uber and Lyft accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Premises liability matters
- Product liability and defective product cases
- Construction accidents
- Workplace accidents
- Boating accidents
- Wrongful death, and more.
Whether you were hurt in an auto accident or suffered an injury on the job, we can help. Let us give you the legal representation you deserve. Call us today to discuss your case.
How Much is My Miami Personal Injury Claim Worth?
It depends. No two cases are the same. The value of your claim will depend on a lot of different factors.
- What type of injuries did you suffer?
- How serious are your injuries?
- What are your current out-of-pocket costs and expenses?
- What kind of costs will you have in the future because of your injury?
- Has your income or ability to bring in money to support your family suffered?
- Will your injury result in a temporary or permanent disability?
- How have you been affected emotionally?
Generally, the more severe your injuries, the higher the case value.
Our law firm works closely with leading accident and injury experts. We can rely on them as they assess and analyze the value of your case.
We can be confident that we understand the full impact of your injuries and can more appropriately determine what it’s likely worth. This sets us up for success as we enter negotiations and/or head to court to tell your story to a jury.
Why Should I File a Personal Injury Claim?
A personal injury claim may be your only way to recover compensation for your losses. If someone else caused your accident, you shouldn’t be on the hook for your medical bills, lost income, and pain and suffering. A personal injury attorney can help you maximize your recovery.
What Compensation Can I Recover If I’ve Been Hurt in an Accident?
Accident victims are entitled to compensation for their economic damages and non-economic damages from the party who caused their accident.
Economic damages compensate for your financial expenses related to your injury, including:
- Medical bills
- Lost income
- Property damage
- Funeral costs, if an accident is fatal.
Economic damages also cover future expenses you’ll likely incur due to your accident.
Non-economic damages cover your non-financial losses, including:
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Loss of consortium, and
- Reduced quality of life.
Rare cases qualify for punitive damages, which punish a party for egregious misconduct or negligence.
What If I’m Partially At Fault For the Accident?
You can still recover compensation even if you’re partially at fault for your accident. Florida’s comparative fault rules allow you to recoup your damages even if you are up to 99% to blame for the accident.
However, these rules will reduce your compensation to account for your share of fault.
For example, if you have $30,000 in damages but are 50% at fault, you could only recover $15,000 (50%).
Insurance companies love to blame the victim. If you do nothing, it means that the value of your case could plummet. Or, you might lose the right to get any money, at all. So, it’s important to speak with an attorney as soon as you can after getting injured.
How Much Does it Cost to Hire a Personal Injury Attorney?
Most injury lawyers work on contingency. A contingency fee allows injury victims to avoid the upfront and out-of-pocket costs of legal services. Your payment of attorney’s fees is contingent on the attorney recovering compensation.
If they obtain compensation for your claim, they will take a pre-agreed-upon percentage of your total settlement or award (usually between 30 and 40 percent).
At Shaked Law Firm, we have a no win, no fee guarantee. If we don’t win your case, you owe us absolutely nothing. Contact our law office to discuss your case today – your first assessment is absolutely free.
What is Negligence?
Negligence is the basis of most injury claims. A person is negligent when they fail to act like a reasonable person would have under similar circumstances.
Negligence is composed of four elements: duty, breach, causation, and damages.
How Do I Prove Negligence?
To prove negligence, you must be able to show that:
- Another person owed you a legal duty of care
- They breached that duty by failing to act reasonably under the circumstances
- Their conduct was the direct and proximate cause of your injuries, and
- You’ve sustained damages, as a result.
Your attorney will attempt to show that the at-fault party failed to act like a reasonable person and injured you. Depending on the accident, they might utilize dashcam/surveillance footage, medical records, eyewitness testimony, expert testimony, and other evidence to establish fault.
How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Lawsuit in Florida?
Typically, four years. That’s because Florida law sets time limits on personal injury claims known as “statutes of limitation.”
Under Florida law, most claims have a four-year statute of limitations, including motor vehicle accidents, slips and falls, and product liability.
Some cases are subject to different rules.
For instance, medical malpractice and wrongful death lawsuits have a two-year statute of limitationpers. You’ll have a matter of months to act if your case involves the government.
On the other hand, you could also have additional time – above and beyond the set time limit – if certain tolling factors apply. That might be the case if the victim was a minor or an injury isn’t discovered right away.
Keep in mind that you will lose your right to compensation if you don’t file your claim on time. That’s why it’s important to speak with an attorney as soon as you can after you or a loved one is injured.
Your Trusted Miami Personal Injury Lawyers
Have you been injured because someone was negligent or careless? Those responsible must be held accountable. Our lawyers are ready to help you make that a reality.
Shaked Law Firm has been fighting for injured victims in Miami Dade County for more than 14 years. Today, our team is here to fight for you.
Contact our law firm to discuss your legal options. We are available 24/7 to take your call.
Personal Injury Law Resources
- How Florida Statutes Affect Personal Injury Claims
- Reasons Why a Lawyer Won’t Take Your Case
- Six Questions to Ask an Injury Lawyer During a Free Consultation
- Ultimate Guide to Hiring a Personal Injury Lawyer
- What Is the Difference Between Claim vs. Lawsuit?
Recent Personal Injury Blog Posts
Miami Personal Injury Review
Read more of our client reviews here.
Miami Emergency Rooms
- MD Now Urgent Care – 1250 S Miami Ave, Miami, FL 33130
- Mercy Hospital Emergency Room – Emergency Entrance, 3663 S Miami Ave, Miami, FL 33133
- Miami Urgent Care – 2645 SW 37th Ave Suite 502, Miami, FL 33133
- Jackson Memorial Hospital Emergency Room – 1611 NW 12th Ave, Miami, FL 33136
*Disclaimer – we do not endorse these companies or profit from having them listed on our website.